Question about MAC MA wanting to sell stuff

FacesbyNiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by calbear
Yeah what giz2000 said - immediate termination. Oh and there are some not so nice people out there who would love to get an ma fired 'just because'. I'm on a few sites where I have seen someone attempt to contact a person's counter manager to 'tell' on someone trying to sell their gratis.

I'd go with the wait til she's no longer there and sell it then.

There are some mean ass hoes out in the world.

FacesbyNiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueyesdancing
I would suggest to your friend, Shawnna, that she could make friends-for-lyfe
winks.gif
if she gave her extra MAC to girls who couldn't afford it, whether they are local girls she knows, or girls from a crisis center, or abused girls, etc.....not only would it brighten their lives, they would forever remember the angel who helped them to be trendy and hip, and she would feel really great about it too!

Beautiful idea.
smiles.gif

prinzessin784

I've bought things off E-bay that had holes drilled in them and I wondered why - but now I know! haha!

I definitely wouldn't take the risk of selling my makeup if I were an MA though, unless of course I didn't value my job very much!

MelodyKat

p.s. they have people that go through ebay and forums and sites like this and their sole job is too find MAC employees who are giving out too much info or selling items. its against policy. i try not to rep my job or give advice and stuff just in case. at least nothin MAC related.

shabdebaz

I have to admit, the idea of selling stuff that you just have laying around is very tempting....but I would never do it, 'cause I love my job too much. MAC is very generous when it comes to gratis and I don't want to abuse that. My coworkers who have been with MAC for years (who have unimaginable amounts of makeup) give away tons and tons of stuff all the time, that's the best way to do it! Blueeyes' suggestion was awesome!

MacVirgin

Quote:
Originally Posted by prinzessin784
I've bought things off E-bay that had holes drilled in them and I wondered why - but now I know! haha!

lol me too!
rofl.gif

YvetteJeannine

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueyesdancing
I would suggest to your friend, Shawnna, that she could make friends-for-lyfe
winks.gif
if she gave her extra MAC to girls who couldn't afford it, whether they are local girls she knows, or girls from a crisis center, or abused girls, etc.....not only would it brighten their lives, they would forever remember the angel who helped them to be trendy and hip, and she would feel really great about it too!

clap.gif
That's really a terrific idea. There are programs around the country for women in homeless/battered womens' shelters that give donated clothes AND makeup to women trying to get jobs. That would be a wonderful place to get rid of excess makuep (whether it be gratis or not).

It'd be a better world if people could occasionally forget about themselves and the almighty dollar for a change, and think about (read: donate to) those women less fortunate than us that DON'T have piles of high-end m/u sitting around, and would be grateful for even a few pieces of makeup!

FacesbyNiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by YvetteJeannine
clap.gif
That's really a terrific idea. There are programs around the country for women in homeless/battered womens' shelters that give donated clothes AND makeup to women trying to get jobs. That would be a wonderful place to get rid of excess makuep (whether it be gratis or not).

It'd be a better world if people could occasionally forget about themselves and the almighty dollar for a change, and think about (read: donate to) those women less fortunate than us that DON'T have piles of high-end m/u sitting around, and would be grateful for even a few pieces of makeup!

Because of this thread, I'm going to do this around Christmas. I think this is a wonderful idea.

Where do I look to find a place?

YvetteJeannine

Quote:
Originally Posted by FacesbyNiki
Because of this thread, I'm going to do this around Christmas. I think this is a wonderful idea.

Where do I look to find a place?

Call your local Susan B. Anthony womens' center...they're likely to have any kind of information about various donation programs of this sort for women in your area. Or, you could also call a Battered Womens' Shelter in the area, and ask if they participate in this kind of a program (many do). If they don't, ask where you can find out who does
smiles.gif

FacesbyNiki

Quote:
Call your local Susan B. Anthony womens' center...they're likely to have any kind of information about various donation programs of this sort for women in your area. Or, you could also call a Battered Womens' Shelter in the area, and ask if they participate in this kind of a program (many do). If they don't, ask where you can find out who does
smiles.gif

th_kiss.gif

professionaltart

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelodyKat
p.s. they have people that go through ebay and forums and sites like this and their sole job is too find MAC employees who are giving out too much info or selling items. its against policy. i try not to rep my job or give advice and stuff just in case. at least nothin MAC related.

AGREED.

maxcat

It's just SO not worth losing your job over. And you should be fired for it. Though I also think the company doesn't want anyone giving it away either. That's why they're beating our gratis up with drill holes and paint. But there is lots of good karma to be had out there by giving away what you won't use. I'm a good fairy god mother to some impoverished drag queens.

EmbalmerBabe

I don't see why MAC would care if their employees GAVE their complementary stuff away to someone else that is less fortunate,etc.
Why does it matter if you give it away,it is a good way for other people to try the product.As long as your not trying to make a profit.
It is nice of them to be so generous in the first place and I wonder myself why MAC employees would want to abuse that and ruin it for others as a few of you mentioned above.

ashley_v85

I would DEFINITELY not risk it. Nooo way.

I know of someone from a makeup group that was terminated for doing just that...except he wasn't REALLY even selling it. It was just shipping.

I wouldn't risk it. It's not worth it. Even if I didn't work for MAC...I could never sell my stuff, haha. I am way too attached to it.
smiles.gif

So I would advise her not to sell it, unless she wants to take the risk of being terminated.

ashley_v85

Quote:
Uhhhh...I wouldn't think so.

No. And employees cannot do B2M. So they definitely wouldn't take a marked gratis item.

prinzessin784

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelodyKat

wow that's pretty serious!!