Question about MAC SFF Foundation

sweetie0716

I went to my closest MAC store which is about 45 minutes away to get matched for foundation. The lighting in the store it looked flawless. When I put it on at home it looked way to dark. The foundation she matched me for was in NW25. I didn't like the way it looked at all, too dark and looked very powdery on my skin. I ordered the same foundation online, because I loved the coverage, but got NW15. It still looks very dark on my skin and still powdery. I don't drive so it would really be an inconvience to get someone to take me to the store to get matched on a new foundation. Any tips would be great. TIA

Glassdoll

Maybe u could give some suggestions of what colors u usually use in other foundations and someone on here might be able to suggest something for u?

I love SFF too, and sometimes it does look abit cakey or powdery on me too, so i usually use my charged water and spritz it on my face, after that i do that, the whole powdery look is gone. Maybe u could give it try?

sweetie0716

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glassdoll
Maybe u could give some suggestions of what colors u usually use in other foundations and someone on here might be able to suggest something for u?

I love SFF too, and sometimes it does look abit cakey or powdery on me too, so i usually use my charged water and spritz it on my face, after that i do that, the whole powdery look is gone. Maybe u could give it try?

I don't really know what shade of foundation i am in any other brand. I will just have to try out others. I just didnt want to waste any more at the moment on foundation since I spent 50 on the two of those and don't want it to go to waste. I think maybe if I get a tan I can still use them. I have been using fix+ but i have to buff it into my skin to take away the powdery look. When I do that it takes away the coverage that I need. Thanks for the advice.

mreichert

Trying using the Fix+ on a skunk brush- just a couple spritzes and stipple on over your foundation- it'll keep the coverage on and smooth everything out
smiles.gif

anshu7

u cud try mixing a little moisturiser wid ur foundation to avoid the cakey look.and see if the shade u arrive at is somewhat lighter..

Lizzie

That's odd. I wonder how NW 25 could look flawless in the store and NW 15 could still look dark. I have no suggestions for that, but as for the powdery-ness, is your skin usually dry? Maybe you could use a creamier moisturizer?

sweetie0716

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzie
That's odd. I wonder how NW 25 could look flawless in the store and NW 15 could still look dark. I have no suggestions for that, but as for the powdery-ness, is your skin usually dry? Maybe you could use a creamier moisturizer?

I'm not really sure either. All i know is that my sister and I thought it looked really good in the store, but then when we finished our shopping and left to drive home we realized that it was way too dark,and we didnt have time to go to the store because it is a 45-60 drive and we had to go to work. I figured I would just keep it for when I got a tan. Even the nw15 is too dark. It looks fine in my bathroom but thats about it. I have combo skin. It is oily on my forehead and eyelids. Thanks for the advice!

sweetie0716

Quote:
Originally Posted by anshu7
u cud try mixing a little moisturiser wid ur foundation to avoid the cakey look.and see if the shade u arrive at is somewhat lighter..

I have tried this. Maybe I could try a tinted moisturizer to see if that would work out a bit better.

sweetie0716

Quote:
Originally Posted by mreichert
Trying using the Fix+ on a skunk brush- just a couple spritzes and stipple on over your foundation- it'll keep the coverage on and smooth everything out
smiles.gif

That's a great idea! I will try this tomorrow. I have tried using my 187 before with fix+, but I always buff with it and don't actually stipple. I think this may do the trick. Thanks soo much!!!
yahoo.gif