Question about OPI My Private Jet

toby_is_cute

I just got this color today after seeing swatches of it and seeing it on some nails online. I thought it was a grayish blackish color with rainbow glitter. I used it today and the glitter is silver, not rainbow. I held it into the light, went outside and it just look silver. Anyone else have this color?

BeautyPsycho

I do... It has holographic shimmer... so, yes- rainbow
smiles.gif
how many coats did you apply? I looks the best with 3 I would say. HTH

toby_is_cute

UGH!! That pic is so beautiful! That is why I am so pissed! I applied 3 coats. Its only on my toes right now so I keep lifting my leg up an examining it. I'm going to try my fingers later.

toby_is_cute

Ok you guys I just did my fingers and I can see the rainbow. But I look at my toes and they just look silver. Weird. Anyway, I do really like this color. Thanks for your help!

ch33tah

this has to be the best nail colour ever. I put 3 coats on and yes I get a rainbow of shimmer in the sun light. Inside under normal lights the rainbow is not as brilliant.

GreekChick

Hey!
I just want to let you know that there are two versions of My Private Jet. One is more holo than then other, so be sure to check well before purchasing them. Some gals online had the same problem and it turns out they fell on a bad batch.

GreekChick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissChievous
Was this a LE shade?

Yes, it came out last year with the Night Brights Collection.

ch33tah

Gosh if it's a LE shade from last year I wonder why the small salon I get them from has LOADS on the display?

GreekChick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch33tah
Gosh if it's a LE shade from last year I wonder why the small salon I get them from has LOADS on the display?

Congratulations! You've found a "dusty"! A dusty is basically a nail salon or nail store that carries nps that are so old they're starting to gather dust!
The nail salon you're talking about is probably late in receiving collections, as well as sending old ones back to the company. Anyway, consider yourself lucky, you have chances of finding some LE shades that are $$$$ on Ebay.

MiCHiE

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekChick
Congratulations! You've found a "dusty"! A dusty is basically a nail salon or nail store that carries nps that are so old they're starting to gather dust!
The nail salon you're talking about is probably late in receiving collections, as well as sending old ones back to the company. Anyway, consider yourself lucky, you have chances of finding some LE shades that are $$$$ on Ebay.

Right. And, consider the fact that women who frequent nail salons are the last ones to really buy colors because they rely on other people for services. So, a nail salon would be the first place I would generally look for a discontinued color.

thedrinkgirl

I LOVE this color and couldn't find it anywhere here in Vegas so I bought mine on EBAY. I will try 3 coats but even using 2, I see the rainbow effect. LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT!!!!!