Question about pigment pressing

littlepickle

Sorry if this is in the wrong category! I regularly press pigments, both for myself, as gifts and to sell.
The problem I'm having is with the MAC pigment Vanilla. The first time I did it and got this discolouration around the edges, I figured I had done something wrong and that it was a once off.
But I've now pressed Vanilla 4 or more times and each one comes out with this rust like discolouration around the edges. It doesn't look very nice at all! What could be causing it? If I'm on a pressing crusade, I clean each tool thoroughly between uses. I'm using isopropyl alcohol diluted to 70%. This is the only colour I'm having this issue with, I don't get it! :s
4874166723_cb1e77e956_m.jpg

Forgot to add, I get my pans from here http://www.tkbtrading.com/item.php?item_id=1039
They're tin.

Also, I've seen people recommending mixing mediums for mineral eyeshadows. I'd like to press my Lime Crime and Sugarpill loose shadows. What could I use for these? I could buy a premade one, but if anyone has a recipe for one I could make myself, I think that would make me happier and would be more cost efficient.

LMD84

I have moved this to cosmetic discussion as it wasn't a tutorial. Hopefully you will get more answers here too
smiles.gif

Latest posts