Question about purchasing a couple lines of make-up

Kimberleigh

Hi ladies! I hope that I'm putting this in the right forum, and if this has been asked, I apologize. I searched, but found no results that seemed to be helpful to me.
hmm.gif

Anyway, I've seen the brands NYX, Jacquard, Ben Nye, and Jessie's Girl mentioned on some of my make-up forums. NYX has a website, obviously, but I can't find any place to purchase the other three (online or a store that I could go buy it). Can anyone tell me where I could see/buy any of these products (online or otherwise)? It seems like Ben Nye should be sold in costume stores (haven't checked the two we have in town yet).

Many thanks!!
smiles.gif

astronaut

Jesse's Girl is sold at some Rite Aids. I haven't tried the shadows or anything else, so I can't say much about those, but I randomly bought some of the pigments and my goodness they are good! I really like them! I personally don't care for NYX at all except for some of their lipglosses. I don't think the shadows are that pigmented and my brush is probably wearing off from all the extra work trying to get enough product. I found a lot of luck finding NYX at independent fragrance stores and forever 21 wannabeish stores. And the others I just don't know. I really want to try Ben Nye, I've seen some really nice FOTDs, but have no clue as to where to find it.

edit: I just noticed we both have hello kitty LOL

Kimberleigh

Quote:
Originally Posted by astronaut
Jesse's Girl is sold at some Rite Aids. I haven't tried the shadows or anything else, so I can't say much about those, but I randomly bought some of the pigments and my goodness they are good! I really like them! I personally don't care for NYX at all except for some of their lipglosses. I don't think the shadows are that pigmented and my brush is probably wearing off from all the extra work trying to get enough product. I found a lot of luck finding NYX at independent fragrance stores and forever 21 wannabeish stores. And the others I just don't know. I really want to try Ben Nye, I've seen some really nice FOTDs, but have no clue as to where to find it.

edit: I just noticed we both have hello kitty LOL

Hmm...I don't think Indiana has any Rite-aids. Bummer.
ssad.gif
Oh, well, thanks for your help
smiles.gif

Edit: Apparently, we do...they're just about 80 miles away from me! I guess if I make any trips toward Louisville, I'll try to find them. LOL!

pumpkincat210

Jacquard is an actual artist pigment which has not even been tested for cosmetic use. You can get it at an art supply. I personally wouldn't use it on my eyes, but i know lots of people do.

Kimberleigh

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkincat210
Jacquard is an actual artist pigment which has not even been tested for cosmetic use. You can get it at an art supply. I personally wouldn't use it on my eyes, but i know lots of people do.

Oh yeah! I've seen those at Michael's now that you mention it! Thanks!

YvetteJeannine

I think the Ben Nye line runs more toward the theatrical type of makeup...I know they are a highly pigmented line (as stage/movie makeup needs to be), and while I've never personally tried any of their products, there are quite a few Specktrettes who love their stuff...I don't think they're sold at regular retail locations...I believe you'd find them on-line (as the links given above), or in a store that specializes in theatrical makeup/costumes...
smiles.gif

MzEmo

i really want to check these out to. i only know where to buy nyx but i dont rlly want that. im living in sf so if anyone knows what stores to get em reply back please =]

kirari

I have a few Ben Nye eyeshadows that I bought from Torrid (a plus sized higher quality Hot Topic) and I absolutely love them.

You can also get Nye at Silly Farm (http://www.sillyfarm.com). I buy Kryolan there, and they're wonderful.

Dreamergirl3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MzEmo
i really want to check these out to. i only know where to buy nyx but i dont rlly want that. im living in sf so if anyone knows what stores to get em reply back please =]

if you're interested in stage/theatrical makeup, check out the Kryolan store in SF. on 9th stret in the SOMA area
smiles.gif
they're fantastic! they even offer classes. HTH!

Latest posts