Question about the smaller MALM

minni4bebe

I bought the MALM dressing table and my BF put it together. But I think the drawer isn't pulling out all the way. Is it just me? Does anyone else's drawer pull out a little more than halfway?

Soeth23

My friend has one (the bigger one) and it doesn't open all the way. We checked the displays in Ikea and same thing (both small & big), the drawer only opens half way.

minni4bebe

damn, i could have SWORN it opened all the way! Im going to try screwing in a hole a little further out and see if that works =/ Quote:
Originally Posted by Soeth23
My friend has one (the bigger one) and it doesn't open all the way. We checked the displays in Ikea and same thing (both small & big), the drawer only opens half way.

..kels*

Quote:
Originally Posted by minni4bebe
damn, i could have SWORN it opened all the way! Im going to try screwing in a hole a little further out and see if that works =/

I'd be really careful about doing that. I think they only open halfway for safety reasons.. I can imagine that it would probably tip over with all of the weight being in the drawer.

brianjenny17

mine opens all the way but i know when me and my boyfriend put it together the first time it only opened half way and then he discovered he put the tracks on the opposite side of eachother and switched them and now mine opens all the way

ctee80

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianjenny17
mine opens all the way but i know when me and my boyfriend put it together the first time it only opened half way and then he discovered he put the tracks on the opposite side of eachother and switched them and now mine opens all the way

hi there! would you be able to take some pics? my husband put mine together and i cant figure out what to do.
th_confused_new.gif

sassyclassy

Mine only opens up about 60% as well, but I'm pretty positive it was put together correctly and that's how it's meant to be. Plus we screwed it onto the wall because even with how far it opens up now it was tilting over. I do admit that it's a kinda annoying though because it's hard to get anything out from back there without having to remove items from the front to gain access.

ctee80

sassy ~ My husband was sure he put it together correctly too and that's just the way it is. I just got mine so it's not annoying me now but i can imagine. I guess it'll be a good place to store backups!

malaviKat

I've got the larger one and it opens all the way. When the larger one was still on display at my IKEA I'm fairly certain it opened all the way too. I'd check the tracks as others have recommended. (And I also fully endorse the anchoring to the wall...though I haven't done it myself.)

Latest posts