Question for the China Glaze lovers...

Dr_Girlfriend

It's hit and miss sometimes with CG formulas. The glitters are awesome and the shimmers are nice but sometimes the creamy ones are just weird. The texture of Shower Together is creamy and thin but not streaky. What other colors are similar to that texture/formula?

lvgz

i know what you mean. sometimes the cremes are TOO thick.. its streaky. for audrey is like shower together (which i have on right now!).

Dr_Girlfriend

Pretty blue creams are hard to come by... at least for me. This one is beautiful! I've never even considered For Audrey because of some of the reviews. May have to try it... Thank you
smiles.gif

DarkGlamourXO

For Audrey and White on White are creamy and cover very well but are still thin, For Audrey covers the best out of any CG polish I own.

Liquid Leather(streaky) and Sunworshipper(soo thin and sheer) are the thinnest I've tried. Most take me two coats and look fab though.

moonrevel

I am totally with you about application problems with China Glaze cremes! A lot of them suffer from being a bit thick and gloopy, but I definitely agree that For Audrey is good, and I have also had good luck with Recycle, and just about all the shades from the recent Up & Away collection, like Four Leaf Clover and Re-Freshmint. Most problematic China Glaze cremes can be saved with a few drops of nail polish thinner (not remover!), and while many are streaky with one coat, they can usually be saved with two to three coats and a good topcoat.

Dr_Girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonrevel
I am totally with you about application problems with China Glaze cremes! A lot of them suffer from being a bit thick and gloopy, but I definitely agree that For Audrey is good, and I have also had good luck with Recycle, and just about all the shades from the recent Up & Away collection, like Four Leaf Clover and Re-Freshmint. Most problematic China Glaze cremes can be saved with a few drops of nail polish thinner (not remover!), and while many are streaky with one coat, they can usually be saved with two to three coats and a good topcoat.

For some reason the Up & Away polishes did nothing for me. I had such high hopes for Something Sweet but it was just a gloopy, streaky mess. The purple one (the name escapes me right now) was alright formula-wise but just didn't work at all with my skintone. It looked like I was oxygen deprived and my nails were turning that weird blue/purple color. *Needs to look into some polish thinner*

moonrevel

Yeah, I hear ya on the collection. It didn't help that everyone and their mom this year did colors almost exactly like it.

To tell you the truth, if you want to get some cost effective cremes with great color selection and superior application, you should look into Color Club which you can get online super cheap. In general, China Glaze rocks the universe with their glass flecked and shimmer shades, but cremes are definitely not their strong suit. Thinner does help, though, and can salvage polishes you thought long lost!

Latest posts