Question for you Ladies in Pheonix, AZ

Cinci

I hae a friend who will be in Phoenix for 5 days in May. She'll be there over the weekend but in meetings during the daytime. I was wondering - Can you suggest some of the must see local attractions/restaurants/nightlife that she should check out?

Thanks
smiles.gif

onepinkdiamond

Well there's Pizzeria Bianco, a fine, wine-abundant place in downtown phoenix that is known for its ambiance. Check it out! Be prepared to wait though; the restaurant is notorious for long wait time because it's famous for the best pizza in the nation, as of 2007 rated best pizza places. It appeals to all ages as long as you can appreciate a "European style environment"... you know, killing time in the courtyard with a glass of wine, having meaningless conversation with friends and eating cheese. I'm serious. Bring a boardgame!

There's always events going on at Gammage. You should take a peak and see what is being featured this month. I hear Cats is coming to town.

Check out metromix.com>Phoenix for nightlife. Does she like jazz? There is an awesome jazz lounge in Scottsdale called Voce. There's also Bobbi's.

What about salsa dancing??? I lovvvvve salsa dancing and it's is a must when I make a girl weekend. Pepin's in Scottsdale or Olive Branch in Mesa is happening place for Salsa (I prefer Olive Branch).

There's always a culinary festival, art show, fashion show going on as well. You just have to dig a little.

I guess it all boils down to what she's interested in. There's always Sedona... and May is a good time to go.

If she likes the outdoors and nature you should take her to the Botanical Gardens too.

Hope that helps!!

Cinci

Thanks for the suggestions, they all sound great! I asked her what she was interested in doing, and she siad she wanted to see the local attractions - the touristy things and artsy/cultural stuff. She also mentioned that she wanted to find something fun to do at night to have some fun with coworkers. A bunch of collegues will be there with her, so I don't think she's looking for anything too wild, but something classy that could be fun for a group to have some drinks and socialize.. Although, she's also mentioned that she doesn't mind going off on her own and seeing the sites if the group has other plans... She seems to enjoy the outdoors, so if there is anything close by that she can check out, im sure she would love that... Oh, one other question for your girls - what is the weather usually like in mid-late may??