question; phtographers, models advice?

CandyKisses1018

I was looking into local photographers that I could possibly get Comp Cards done with so I could start modeling.. ( i guess its something ive always wanted to do..) but they are soo EXPENSIVE.. i really would like to just settle for TFP (time for pics; i give you my time so you could take pics of me and use them for your portfolio as well as me using them for my own personal use).. but I don't know anyone in the chicago area..

I was thinking maybe I should buy my own digital camera and just get the lights and stuff somewhere online..

do you guys have any camera suggestions? I'd liek a photographers point of view. thanks!!

kimmy

i would definately get an account at ModelMayhem.com there's tonnes of tfp photographers, makeup artists, hair and wardrobe stylists you can find there. you can search by zip code, so it's easy to find someone close to home, too. but you'll need at least four photos to upload before they'll activate your account.
winks.gif

user79

Unless you know what you are doing with your camera and have some serious photography skills in self-portraiture, I wouldn't recommend taking the pics yourself. Myspace-pose type shots aren't going to work for a propper modeling portfolio. If you want full body shots, you will need a tripod, and cable release, as well as propper studio lights, which is going to be costly as well. I would try doing the tfp option.

CandyKisses1018

thanks!! well i deffy took a few photography classes.. 2 in high school and one in college..so I think i have some experiance. Yea, I am deffy looking to take TFP but I don't want to take pics with a photographer thats male cuz ive been hearing really scandalous stories with male photographers..

flowerhead

get someone to take a polaroid of you with little or no makeup. trust me, clients love these 'cos they know what they're working with.

Latest posts