Question Re: Cream Color Base

LisaR

Do many of you use this product and what is your favorite useage - cheeks, lips, eyes? I've never used it so I'm just curious...

Thanks!

moonrevel

I have a couple (Pearl, Black, etc.) that I use mostly on my eyes to make colors more vibrant. They're fairly emollient, so they don't dry like Paints and Shadesticks do and will crease on the eyes if applied too thickly. As such, I usually put on a Paint first, and then pat a very thin layer of the CCB on with a brush like the 242, then put shadow over it. It really helps with colors that you have a hard time getting to show up, but it can be tricky. HTH!

AriannaErin

I have both Virgin Isle (a coral color) and Fabulush (a rosy goldish red) and I use them lightly as an eyebase with my coral or pink shadows and I love them as cream blushes too underneath other colors.

Virgin Isle is super pretty as a lip color too. I just add a little gloss over top
greengrin.gif

LisaR

Thanks for responding all!

One other question. Some of these colors look just yummy for lips/cheeks as you wrote above. How is the staying power of this creamy color? Does it last?

Thanks yet again!
Lisa

farra712

I find they last really well on the cheeks (you still probably want to set them with a sheer loose powder, though, for more staying power and less smudgability). I haven't used them on the lips, but I love to see pearl used right below the browbone as a highlighter, because it is sooo gorgeous and on the browbone it won't have any place to crease like it does on the lid itself!

Jaim

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonrevel
I usually put on a Paint first, and then pat a very thin layer of the CCB on, then put shadow over it.

I do this too. Works great!

Isis

Lune is the only one I own, and honestly, I'm not sure why I bought is as I've only used it 2x.

bottleblack

I own Fabulush and Salsabelle and both work really well as blushes - I don't really know what else I would use them for since I don't think they'd look that great on my eyes.

user79

I have the CCB in Bronze and I use it as a bronzer on my cheeps, nose, or even sometimes on my lips. I don't think the CCBs are good for an eyeshadow base because they crease since they are more creamy. I used to apply it with my fingers, but it goes on unevenly and is splotchy. I use a firm blush brush now to apply it (not the 187, it's too soft to get out the product).

lara

Addendum = Hush CCB and Florabundance lipglass over Test Pattern lipliner can be pretty damn hot.

LisaR

Okay...sounds like this is a must try product. now...which color to start off with.... hmmm...

Cool Kitten

i use a thin layer of CCB over the paint or UD Potion primer to help e/s adhere better. I have a CCB in Silver, it's pretty sheer. If you use CCB alone on your lids (w/out the base or primer) it'll crease very quickly.