Question Re: employment @ The Body Shop

Copper_Sparkle

Would working there count towards a Pro card for MAC? There is one up the block and figured I'd apply for a seasonal position to make some extra money/get discounts and segue into working with cosmetics in a retail setting (to use towards MAC employement, perchance.)

TIA!
wavey.gif

lah_knee

working at a possible competetor would not qualify u :O its for people in the general beauty business... theatre, dancing, acting, or cosmotology etc...

SonRisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copper_Sparkle
Would working there count towards a Pro card for MAC? There is one up the block and figured I'd apply for a seasonal position to make some extra money/get discounts and segue into working with cosmetics in a retail setting (to use towards MAC employement, perchance.)

TIA!
wavey.gif

No. Even people who freelance FOR MAC can't get a PRO card based on the fact that they freelance for MAC. They have to show tearsheets, a business card and some other stuff to prove they're a professional MA. Until recently, freelancers didn't even get a discount. Now when they show their checkstub ( a recent one) they can get 30%.

AllINeedIsMac

Sonrisa, even if your an MA you can't apply for Pro membership? I was curious, so do you get any discount? (30% you said, right?) B/c i thought if you were a MAC MA you are considered a make-up artists? No?

lah_knee

if you are a mac makeup artist you get the staff card discount which is actually 60%... the ppid card is something else that people have to apply for and pay for in order to recieve a discount. and you cant just be a makeup artist for another brand! infact thats actually going against mac since you shouldnt be buying mac at discount if you are infact working for another competetor. its more for freelancers who are using mac products on their clients. and people in the performing arts who use it for stage makeup. things to that sort.

AllINeedIsMac

Quote:
Originally Posted by lah_knee
if you are a mac makeup artist you get the staff card discount which is actually 60%...

eyelove.gif
eyelove.gif
eyelove.gif
eyelove.gif
eyelove.gif

Get outta town! I never knew that!

macdaddy

To apply for a PPID card you must present cedentials that prove that your proffession requires you to use makeup on a daily basis, eg:working makeup artist, drag queents, stage performer, television pesonality.

AllINeedIsMac

Quote:
Originally Posted by macdaddy
To apply for a PPID card you must present cedentials that prove that your proffession requires you to use makeup on a daily basis, eg:working makeup artist, drag queents, stage performer, television pesonality.

Drag queens, that's hilarious!

Diviniti

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonRisa
No. Even people who freelance FOR MAC can't get a PRO card based on the fact that they freelance for MAC. They have to show tearsheets, a business card and some other stuff to prove they're a professional MA. Until recently, freelancers didn't even get a discount. Now when they show their checkstub ( a recent one) they can get 30%.

So, MAC freelancers can show their recent checkstub to get the 30% discount now? At all retailers or just MAC stores? Do you get that same (or any) discount at other Estee Lauder counters/brands?

SonRisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diviniti
So, MAC freelancers can show their recent checkstub to get the 30% discount now? At all retailers or just MAC stores? Do you get that same (or any) discount at other Estee Lauder counters/brands?

Just MAC stores, and I don't think it includes other Lauder brands.

SonRisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllINeedIsMac
Sonrisa, even if your an MA you can't apply for Pro membership? I was curious, so do you get any discount? (30% you said, right?) B/c i thought if you were a MAC MA you are considered a make-up artists? No?

Yes you can apply for it, but just because you're employed by a makeup line doesn't mean you automatically get it. MAC employees get 60% off. Freelancers are not MAC employees. They don't care if you work for Dior or Benefit or whatever, you have to show a business card, tear sheet and some other stuff and then they will consider it.

Demosthenes

I have the PPID, and I don't work in retail. (Although I may soon since it's more stable) Even freelancers that work for department stores (or even MAC itself), etc. can't get the PPID unless they can provide the proof of working in the industry outside of retail.