Question Regarding Cream Colour Base

Rushch6

I received my Soft Rose and Vintage Rose CCB today from MAC. When I opened both of the CCB there was like moisture beads on top of the product. Kind of like it was sweating.

I then tested it on my hand and it was very slippery feeling, but the one in the Pro store seemed more creamy. So, my question is this...is this normal since it's brand new and hasn't been tested? TIA

MACATTAK

Yes, this is normal. I had the same thing happen to me with these, a glitter cream & with lipsticks. I think due to the hot weather, it makes them sweat
smiles.gif

erine1881

take a tissue and soak up the water beads. then use your finger to "mix" up the cream. you'll get the right texture then. it will sweat all the time, so you just need to keep repeating this process.

erine1881

i use them as a base for pigments. the creamier consistancy (compared to shadesticks) allows for more grab of the pigments, making them bolder and more shimmery.

Rushch6

I was told you can use them for anything, but the 2 I ordered can't be used the eye area. I really really love Soft Rose.

erine1881

you can use them on eyes, lips or cheeks, depending on the color. they make great bases if you do fun designs for halloween or something.

clamster

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
take a tissue and soak up the water beads. then use your finger to "mix" up the cream. you'll get the right texture then. it will sweat all the time, so you just need to keep repeating this process.

Yes this happens with all my creamy products in the summer. I use one piece of toilet paper to "blot" the top and then just mix it up again with my finger.

hunnybun

Quote:
Originally Posted by clamster
Yes this happens with all my creamy products in the summer. I use one piece of toilet paper to "blot" the top and then just mix it up again with my finger.

there's a great thread somewhere (i can't seem to find it now -- sorry) about sticking your lippies and other creamier type makeup in the fridge to prevent the sweating in the summer. supposedly it'll prolong the life of the makeup.

bellaetoile

the condensation beads on the top are completely normal, and caused by the moisture in the cosmetic item adapting to the temperature changes of the environment around it. items displayed at the mac counter or in the store are usually kept at a pretty even temperature year-round, whereas items in transit from a store, or sent in the mail, can be exposed to different temperatures. it won't hard the product, but it can me kind of annoying..like someone mentioned, use a tissue and a light touch to gently blot the moisture from the product.

once you get past that first initial layer, your cream color base should get creamier and more pigmented, like they appear in the store.

effloresce_

Yep, that's normal - happens to me all the time, not just with CCBs but also blushcremes and lipsticks. Just wipe it off, and it should be as great as always
smiles.gif

cooper

I love to use luna on my cheekbones bridge of my nose and across the eye. Ill sometimes take it and miz it wirh other color to make them lighter your really just have to play with them to see start they can really do

Latest posts