Question to moms

benzito_714

I was 21 when i got pregnant and turned 22 a month before i had my baby girl. My baby shower was actually on my birthday as a 2 for 1 deal. lol.
i don't wish the timing different I just wish I had a job when I had her. I was graduating college with a huge 7 month belly and the family joke was my mom walked across the stage pregnant (high school), me college and my daughter will probably do it with her master's or PhD.

janwa09

I just turned 29 when I had my son and I'm glad I waited because I don't think I would've appreciated motherhood as much if I had my baby back then. I was way too immature and only thought of myself.

pumpkincat210

i had my first at 21. sometimes i wish i had waited but i did mature faster. she is almost 6 now and growing up really fast and i'm still young. I look forward to still being young when she is a teenager

shadowaddict

I dropped out of college and got married at 19, just a couple months before turning 20. I found out I was six weeks pregnant about three months after we got married, not planned. The marriage did not last, only a year and half from married till divorce was final. Yes, I do wish I had waited. But my husband became abusive when I was about 3 months pregnant. He beat me up constantly. I was hiding bruises all the time and a black eye at one point. He didn't usually leave marks where people could see and I hid this from everyone. I finally left him for good when my son was five and a half months old. My son gave me strength and he always came first. I remarried when my son was 4 (he is now 25) I had my daughter at 26. I think that was a good age for me as I had always thought I would have my kids by the time I was 30. They are almost 6 yrs apart but very close and noone in the family uses the term step-----. My husband has always referred to my son as our son and they are so close. I know you didn't want so much info but for me I married way too early. I do wish I would have stayed in college and finished first. My kids are the love of my life and always have been. My daughter is 7 hours away at college and I miss her every day. But, I think the main thing is when you do start to have children you have to decide the party is over and they are your number one priority no matter what. It doesn't mean you can't have fun but you have to think things through more carefully and take care of your children's mother, no more taking risk and doing stupid things. And I think we probably all have done at least a few stupid things in our past. I know I sure did.

MahalMac

Right now I am 19.. and expecting... When I first found out,.. I was VERY scared.. I had so many emotions running through me... I thought about what I have in my life right now and what I could have later in life.. I was scared that I wouldn't be a great mother to my baby... But, I've done so much thinking about it and I can honestly say, I am so excited for my baby adn so is my hubby..
yahoo.gif
Being a great mother I am sure will come natural with me..I've read the pregnancy bible... lol and I have a stack of consumer reports so I can get up to date with all of hte best baby stuff to get.. I can't wait for my family to become a TRUE family.. I might be young but.. I don't drink, I don't go out and party... I am at the point in my life where I am capable of being a GREAT mother! =)

fash10nista

I found out I was pregnant with my son a couple of months after my 1st legal drink, little did I know, I was already four months along!!! (looong story!) I had my daughter almost two years later. Both pregnancies, however, were on each side of extreme...I don't think I can handle another baby at this time in my life...I'm spoiled now I guess...
tong.gif

I don't regret having them early...In fact, I quite enjoy it especially when they get mistaken for my siblings....
yes.gif

What ages are they, you ask? My son will be 13 and my daughter will be 11 in a few months time....
choochoo.gif

Caramel_QT

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda0410
19 when I had my first, now I'm 31 and having my 5th! lol
smiles.gif
If I did it again I would finish my studies first

Ditto. I was 19 with my first and I'm now 31 and have 4 kids. The only thing that I'd change is that I would have gone for my RN first before having kids b/c it is so hard to do school with small children.

elegant-one

I was 20 with our one & only child - a boy. I'm sooo glad that we had him while we were younger - you have way less money - but waaaay more energy
smiles.gif
The plus side of having them earlier is that when they move out and have a life of their own - you & yours gets to have another life again - which we are now lovin - married almost 29 yrs.
oh, & college for him was cheaper earlier!

weezee

I had my first at 26 and my second at 34. I'm glad I waited and I love the age difference. My son is so much help and adores my daughter. My kids are my world!
yes.gif

M.A.C. head.

My daughter was born exactly a month before my 21st birthday.

I would not change it for ANYTHING. I've always been "mature for my age" so I was so happy when I found out that I was pregnant, my husband was too, and he was about to turn 22.

I'm a young mother, but I feel like I have my priorities in order. I have a lot of things that I want to do in life, and being a mother has always been most important. There is no night out with my friends, or weekend of drunken fun that could replace even a millisecond with my precious little girl.

I was in my third year of college when we got the news. I finished the semester, took time off until she was 6 months, then I went back for a semester. My husband worked out his work schedule to where he would be with her while I was at school and vice versa. The timing worked well, but I just felt like I needed to be home, so I've put school aside for now. We don't want daycare to raise our child, so we make the sacrifices to do it ourselves. College will always be there, the opportunity to bond with my daughter in these crucial years will not.

*sigh* I've gone bananas.

couturesista

I was 20 when we had our daughter. I don't like kids and never wanted kids. I loove my daughter to death. Having a child can feel like "THE GIFT AND THE CURSE". The curse because its hard and challenging but the gift is the reward of getting through the tough times and challenges. SHe has changed our lives for the better. U don't know love until there is a child in ur life .Having a child has given me new eyes and insight on a whole new level.R there tough days, yes, days sometimes filled with some regret,yes, heck, being able to use the bathroom without a knock on the door is my idea of a moment of peace, but I wouldn't give it up for all the peace and quiet in the world. If I could I would have like to have finished college before having her, but I'm there now and she's the reason I'm not stopping. June 2009 or bust!!!!
yahoo.gif
yahoo.gif
side note- I also think it has alot to do with ur support system. Motherhood is hard at any age. To be so young having a child, it was good for me to have her DAD and his family and my family. Our daughter is the only grandchild on both sides. Extra ROTTEN
cutey.gif

alwaysbella

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimmer
I was 17 with my first, 23 with my last. I am actually really glad I had them young (though I'm not a proponent of teenaged pregnancies...), because I'll be able to enjoy them as well as life after them.
smiles.gif

agree. I was 20 im now 27 with my 3rd.

HeavenLeiBlu

Okay ladies, are you ready? I was 15 when I had my first (and only) child! If it had gone like I'd imagined, I'd still be childless at this point (I'll be 30 in a few months). While I'm not as disdainful of teenage mothers as others are, I'd never ever advocate teen parenthood. However, I'm crazy about my daughter and glad she came when she did, because as it happens, I'd have to go to pretty drastic measures to have a baby now, and that's not what I want.

I had a very unstable and difficult adolescence, and had been shunned by the cool kids most of the time, so by when I got to high school and the most popular guy in school (who happened to be a jock of course, and cute as he could be) showered me with attention, I fell for it! It was easy to get caught up in the whirlwind of instantly becoming popular and envied.
th_dunno.gif

Her dad and I broke up before she was born, but our families and friends helped out a lot I grew up very fast, but I finished school just like I'd never been pregnant at all, went to college, etc. Our daughter is a teenager now and is as smart, pretty, and talented as you could ever want your kid to be, but SPOILED
th_rolleye0014.gif
. Of course, she doesn't think she is, though. We make her work hard, but she's a great kid. If I could have been sure that if I'd waited, but could end up having the same baby a few years from now, I would. But since it doesn't work like that, I wouldn't trade her for anything !

ri0tdorque

How old where you when you had your first child? ~ 29 years old and I'm 30 now. I waited until I knew I was ready to settle down and could take on the responsibility of watching after a little being.

And, did you wish back then, or do you wish now, that you would have waited longer or had a child sooner? Why so? ~ I'm pretty happy with the time frame but I got pregnant a week after I got married so I kind of wish we had more married alone time.

Latest posts