Questions About #187 Brush

caramel_geek

So, I've had the 187 brush for ages, but I've only used it for blush (dollymix). I have been given a sample of the Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation and wanted to try it out using the 187. I have been using powdered mineral foundation all these while (with the 182), so I have no idea as to how to use a liquid foundation
nope.gif

I have some questions about the 187, hoping someone could help me out here.

1. When using it for liquid foundation, should I stipple only or stipple then swirl?
  2. How do you reach those tight places (eg. corner of the nose)?
  3. Do you have to use another brush for undereye area? Or just stipple it on as well?
  4. After using it to apply liquid foundation, can I use the same brush to apply MSF natural to set my foundation?
  5. Same as item #4, is it okay to use the same brush again to apply blush afterwards?
  6. If you're using the 187 for liquid foundation, do you wash it everyday? If not, how frequent?
  7. Is it okay to wash the 187 (using diluted mac brush cleanser) in the "shampoo-ing method"? (if that make any sense)
I know there's a lot of questions...hopefully someone will be able to help.
ssad.gif

TIA.
th_worship.gif

Lizzie

Stipple only, it'll give you an air brushed appearance.
You can use it for different things, but then you absolutely have to wash it after each use.
I wash my brushes every other day, but if I could I'd wash my brushes every day.

I absolutely LOVE this brush and I hope you like it, too.

Good luck!
greengrin.gif

VintageAqua

Hey there,

Like the above user said, you will achieve a more airbrushed finish with the stippling only method but if you like light coverage, you can swirl as well.

For smaller areas eg. under eyes and nose area I use the #217 (also for concealer) because it blends softer and is much smaller.

You totally CAN use the same brush for powder products, just be sure to wipe down the excess on a paper towel or hand so that the msf natural doesn't get a film and become hard to use. (The hardening effect that happens a lot to lustres for example) If this happens, just take a clean mascara wand and gently scape off the top layer though.

For washing, I'd wash every day if you're using multiple products. For liquid foundation, NO LESS than once a week to avoid bacteria growth.

fuzz

I use the brush in stippling motions cuz i like the airbrush look.U can also buff it into ur skin if ur in a rush cuz stippling takes abit more time.

I was mine normally once a week cuz i only use it for foundation but if u use it for multiple things u should wash more frequently.

gildedangel

1. Stipple only 2. I use my fingers and blend well 3. Same brush or the 188 4. Yes, if you spot clean it first 5. Yes 6. Yes 7. Yes that is okay most of the time, but you should still wash them with shampoo once a week at least. I hope this helps!

Latest posts