Questions on MAC brushes & Beauty Marked e/s

Kerri

What is the difference between the 239 & 242 besides the "hairs". Which one is better? Right now I have the 239, do I really need the 242?

And do I need any other brushes besides the 266, 209, 213, & the 239? Am I missing out on anything?

Out of the fluidlines is MacroViolet a similar color to Beauty Marked?

Jessica

Beauty marked is an off-black with purple/golden shimmer (very basic description and my personal opinion) and macroviolet is a deep plum with a slight shimmer that I can't peg. They are different and I like to pair macroviolet with other plum-like colors (especially Soulsong from the Diana 1 quad). Typically when I use beauty marked as a liner I generally pick it up because I want a black liner with more 'punch', something a little off the beaten path.
I'm sure that someone else can provide a more 'technical' answer, but that's my general take on the two. HTH
In terms of brushes, I would totally reccomend 219. I love it.

GirLie

Re: Questions

Kerri said:
What is the difference between the 239 & 242 besides the "hairs".
And do I need any other brushes besides the 266, 209, 213, & the 239?

242 is better to use with cream base products like conceaers and cream color bases. I like to use 239 to apply the powder shadows. You should definitely get 266. I use that brush everyday, if for nothing but to fill in my brows.

Kerri

Re: Questions

GirLie said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerri
What is the difference between the 239 & 242 besides the "hairs".
And do I need any other brushes besides the 266, 209, 213, & the 239?

242 is better to use with cream base products like conceaers and cream color bases. I like to use 239 to apply the powder shadows. You should definitely get 266. I use that brush everyday, if for nothing but to fill in my brows.

Hmm, I'll look into the 242.

I already have 266 and use it everyday, also.
greengrin.gif

And thanks martygreene for the link!

Latest posts