QUO - Shoppers Drug Mart items that remind me of Flashtronic from Mac

tropical_smiles

Hey for all your Shopper Drug Mart addicts. Have you seen the new stuff that came out under the QUO line? They look like the MAC MSF, they have a nice blush one and a nice bronzer. They also have three eye shadows. One lovely purple and two other colors I think it was brownish green and one that reminds me kinda of quarry. Have any of you guys purchased any of these yet? They looked awesome and I'm really considering on getting them but wasn't sure how well they worked.

danijajuu

so I just found this thread and I love it so far.

Anyway, I bought two of the products today and they are really really nice, I never had the MAC products so I cannot compare but I would seriously look into them. Plus they are on sale.

tropical_smiles

Quote:
Originally Posted by danijajuu
so I just found this thread and I love it so far.

Anyway, I bought two of the products today and they are really really nice, I never had the MAC products so I cannot compare but I would seriously look into them. Plus they are on sale.

which two products did you buy?

tropical_smiles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simply Elegant
Ooh, I love Quo. I haven't seen them yet.

YOU NEED TO GO TO YOUR LOCAL SHOPPERS!!!

foomph

I checked them out and they do look nice. 'm going to try one, I think. Quo products are usually pretty good quality.

msmack

I have not! I must make an effort tomorrow to go to SDM.
winks.gif

danijajuu

I bought the Sand Dune baked bronzer, it has pink undertones so it also makes a really good blush, and I am very pale and it looks good.

I bought the fire eyeshadow, it's kind of a brownish pink.

I also bought the true skin foundation, it is smooth and looks good, the only thing is it is very sheer so if you have complicated skin I would not buy it.

tropical_smiles

Quote:
Originally Posted by danijajuu
I bought the Sand Dune baked bronzer, it has pink undertones so it also makes a really good blush, and I am very pale and it looks good.

I bought the fire eyeshadow, it's kind of a brownish pink.

I also bought the true skin foundation, it is smooth and looks good, the only thing is it is very sheer so if you have complicated skin I would not buy it.

oh please do some swatches!!

tropical_smiles

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobri
I will have to check it out. I knew I was saving my Optimum Points for something!

serious i was thinking the same thing but at the same time, if they suck i might hate myself as well.

kimfei

i went to Shoppers yesterday to check this out. here's a rundown of the new Quo summer collection:

-3 test tube lip glosses @ $8.50 each
-3 "baked eyeshadows" @ $10 each
-3 "baked bronzers" @ $15 each
-some sorta foundation

the bronzers really caught my eye! they contain a lot of product and are very pigmented. there's one peachy-pinky one called Sand Dune and one bronzey-orangey one called Sandstone. i don't have any MSF to compare them to but i think they're up to par! i bought Sandstone because it's sooo beautiful. i loved it applied to my cheekbones yesterday!! i also swiped the eyeshadows but they were just kinda meh to me. they come in Earth-greenish, Wind-purplish and Fire-brownish. the lip glosses were also cute, they are lemonade themed/flavoured and come in shimmery white, yellow and pink. i didn't bother looking at the foundation.

did you guys know that Shoppers carries the european cosmetics line Gosh now? i sure didn't! i picked up a lipstick called Darling hoping for a MAC Hue dupe. i also bought a Quo fan brush for my new bronzer, it was only $10.99 on sale! BTW my catalog says these prices are effective from May 17 - June 13 but the sale was already on yesterday so idk... HTH

tropical_smiles

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimfei
i went to Shoppers yesterday to check this out. here's a rundown of the new Quo summer collection:

-3 test tube lip glosses @ $8.50 each
-3 "baked eyeshadows" @ $10 each
-3 "baked bronzers" @ $15 each
-some sorta foundation

the bronzers really caught my eye! they contains a lot of product and are very pigmented. there's one peachy-pinky one called Sand Dune and one bronzey-orangey one called Sandstone. i don't have any MSF to compare them to but i think they're up to par! i bought Sandstone because it's sooo beautiful. i loved it applied to my cheekbones yesterday!! i also swiped the eyeshadows but they were just kinda meh to me. they come in Earth-greenish, Wind-purplish and Fire-brownish. the lip glosses were also cute, they are lemonade themed/flavoured and come in shimmery white, yellow and pink. i didn't bother looking at the foundation.

did you guys know that Shoppers carries the european cosmetics line Gosh now? i sure didn't! i picked up a lipstick called Darling hoping for a MAC Hue dupe. i also bought a Quo fan brush for my new bronzer, it was only $10.99 on sale! BTW my catalog says these prices are effective from May 17 - June 13 but the sale was already on yesterday so idk... HTH

awesome..i wasn't too sure what the fan brush was for..maybe i should try using it for a bronzer too..do you use it for anything else? If the brushes are on sale, I am definately going to pick up a contouring brush as well.

kimfei

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropical_smiles
awesome..i wasn't too sure what the fan brush was for..maybe i should try using it for a bronzer too..do you use it for anything else? If the brushes are on sale, I am definately going to pick up a contouring brush as well.

i forgot to mention that the bronzers are very shimmery/sparkley so i use mine for more of a bronzing highlighter rather than under my cheekbones etc. the fan brush is perfect for the application of products onto the cheekbones and also for applying heavily pigmented blushes. you could also use it to sweep away eyeshadow/mascara fallout. i love Quo brushes because most of them are made of natural animal hair and are really soft!

HOTasFCUK

I just saw the collection yesterday and was about to make a thread on it but i'm glad i found this!!! I saw the two MSF dupes and i really like them! I swiped tehm both and the quality looks really good! It said original price was $18 each but they are on sale this week for $14! I really liked the peachy pink one! They both kinda remind me of Light Flush & Warmed and since i have both coming in the mail this week, i'm going to wait! But i'm really thinking of getting Sand Dune! They are both a very sheer wash of colour. I also remember reading that there's only one company in Italy that bakes these cosmetics so maybe it could be from the same place they make the MAC msf's? I will say the quality is defintley excellent and practically a dupe for MAC and at half-price!!! I'm going to check the Shopper's website & see if i can find a pic! I got a little Sping/Summer booklet in the mail this week & that's where i first saw the pics! Ohhhh yeah and did i mention that Quo makes the BEST brushes? And i think they are 20% off this week! The skunk brush (MAC 187 dupe!) is awesome and doesn't shed!!!

HOTasFCUK

Here's a pic of the 3 mineralized eyeshadows from this weeks flyer!!! I can't find the pics of the msf dupes but i'll keep looking!

quo-1.jpg

mae13

I tried these out this week and I found them so-so. I dunno, maybe I landed on a bad tester unit, but I didn't find the pigmentation to be outstanding and the bronzers were too glittery - not that they had too much shine, but the glitter itself was somehow too coarse, not as soft and refined as I've seen in other mineralized products.

They're a good option if you want to try mineralized products on the cheaper end, but honestly they're not really comparable. ( I found both the current Marcelle LE versions and the regular Pupa ones to be of better quality. The MAC MSFs and the Laure Geller versions are still the bar to beat.)

HOTasFCUK

^^^True, when i swatched Sand Dune the glitter was almost chunky and that kinda made me think twice about getting it....it was kinda like the Naked You MSF.

Latest posts