Quo's new line :)

Shawna

I was in Shoppers Drug Mart yesterday and Quo has a new line of mineral makeup
smiles.gif
Of course everyone is jumping on the mineral bandwagon, but they had some beautiful mineral blushes and eyeshadows too. I picked up a pink shadow which looks like slip pink, and a brown shadow which looks an awful lot like coco beach. I will have to compare later when hubby isn't around to see I bought more stuff lol. The shadows and blush are loose powder (my favorite) They also had a blue shadow which could be a good parrot dupe (don't know, didn't get it) and a green shadow which looks like golden olive. They were relatively inexpensive too. I will let you know how they work. I have a scratched cornea right now so no makeup until it heals. *Sigh* That'll teach me to rub my eyes hard.

Shawna

So I checked the brown shade "russet" against coco beach, and it is a really good dupe. Russet has a little more sparkle to it, but the colours are very close! Yippee.

aizacity

They've also recently come out with a new skunk brush. I've heard it's comparable to MAC's 187 and of course, cheaper. I believe it was $20/cdn when I went in to SDM. I'm going to go back for it tomorrow as I've always wanted the 187, but the price always scared me away. The MA's at SDM were all over it, hope they don't scare me away, too.

Shawna

Quote:
Originally Posted by aizacity
They've also recently come out with a new skunk brush. I've heard it's comparable to MAC's 187 and of course, cheaper. I believe it was $20/cdn when I went in to SDM. I'm going to go back for it tomorrow as I've always wanted the 187, but the price always scared me away. The MA's at SDM were all over it, hope they don't scare me away, too.

WHAT????? How the heck did I miss that??? I'm going back right now lol. Quo brushes are really good.

Deirdre

Let me know what you think of the new skunk brush. For $20 I thought it was at least 75% as good as the 187, so a pretty good value. I found the size a little large for my needs, but it's not bad as a powder brush. I use the 187 for foundation, and 188 for my blush. I wanted another 187 for powder, and now that I got the quo, I don't feel that way. I've yet to try it with bronzer (which its intended use).

Shawna

My digicam is broken and I am saving up my shoppers optimum points to get a new one. As soon as I do, I'll swatch the eyeshadows, but it could take a while lol. As for the skunk brush, mine is drying from its bath, but let me say for $20 canadian, I don't think you could go wrong with it. It is a little large, but I think that can be worked around. I will let you all know how it is when I use it tommorow. At this point, it feels really soft and comperable to the 187.
cheerleader.gif

Shawna

I've had really bad dry skin lately so I haven't been wearing much makeup but I finally got to try out my new skunk brush today. It is kind of useless for blush because it is big. However, I have a really small head (ie. need kids hats and glasses) so some of you might be able to get it to work for you. That said, this brush is worth every penny for the $20 it cost. It is soft and blends powder like a dream. I used it to buff in some make up for ever shine on powder and it gave me a whole soft focus effect. I don't have any beauty powders, but I bet this would work great for something like that. Also, it is going to be great in the summer as a body bronzing brush. I didn't try it with my mineral makeup yet because as I said, bad dry skin and I needed more coverage than it would have given. I bet once my skin clears up that it would be good for mineral makeup too. If you have an extra $20I think this would be a great purchase
smiles.gif
Oh, I hit the 75,000 points on my optimum card yesterday so now I just have to pick out which camera I want and then I'll start swatching stuff for everyone who asked.

Deirdre

Oh congratulations! Did you cash in on the $50 bonus for 20X optimum?

I agree with you about the brush. I'll have to find a bronzer that I like, and give it a try.

Shawna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deirdre
Oh congratulations! Did you cash in on the $50 bonus for 20X optimum?

Yup. I told myself I didn't need anything, but the lure of the digital camera sucked me in. Plus another lip gloss isn't going to hurt me lol. I am absolutely loving the quo brush though. I have yet to try it with liquid foundation, but I bet it would work just as well as the 187 and cover more area too.

Deirdre

A digital camera is always worth it. Buy one lipgloss and get a camera free? Gotta love those Optimum Points!

Hmmm, this brush is really engaging my attention. I might switch some things around with my routine, and try it with my liquid foundation, and use the 187 for setting. Mind you, I even find the 187 a little big on some parts of my face, especially around my eyes and outer forehead. I'm very narrow in those areas. I've been using it for powder, and diffusing my blush application - love it for those uses! Regardless, I use it every day, and it was worth the $20.

tinagrzela

Could somebody take pictures of the brush, compared to a 187, and I would love love love pics of the new stuff!!

Deirdre

Here is my picture, with the 188, 187 and the Quo (sorry for the grungy brushes - I used them today!).

If you're apologizing for those pics, Shawna, I can't wait to see your new camera!
smiles.gif

Shawna

So I was back at SMD yesterday and now Quo has it's own kabuki brush. They are on sale right now for around $14 and they come with their very own hard carrying case!!!!! The brush is actually pretty soft for the amount of money I paid for it. I didn't need another kabuki, but this one has a case and is perfect for my travel kit. I am really impressed with the stuff Quo is coming out with now.
cheerleader.gif

Latest posts