R.I.P. Croc Hunter - Steve Irwin

YvetteJeannine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chic 2k6
Theres another topic on here about Steve Irwin.

But yeah, i'm so gutted that he died and he said somewhere that if he goes, he wanted it to be with a crocodile, at least he died doing something he loved, deepest condolences to his family

Yeah, I didn't see that other thread when I wrote this...that's okay...I'm sure it's not gonna hurt anybody
winks.gif

What a bizzare way to die; but I guess when one considers his line of work, the things he did everyday, and the risks he took...it's probably not that bizzare after all....It'd be bizzare for ME to die like that...but he was doing some dangerous stuff on a daily basis. I guess it was bound to happen sometime....Statistically speaking, one can only take so many risks before something happens.

I'm still shocked, though. I don't know what his wife is gonna do. They worked as a team doing what they loved, and I just really wonder how she's going to cope. I don't know how I would. I obviously didn't even know the man personally, but I still feel a loss.

The world has lost a great man. It's not often you see people with that kind of passion for creatures (ALL creatures) and nature.
weeping.gif

Chic 2k6

nah its not gonna hurt anyone

i was so upset that i though i was gonna cry, how sad am i? i mean i grew up watching Steve Irwin on TV and watch his shows whenever its on, he's a legend, i thought it was a rumour but when its all over the news that when it hit me that it was true

Eoraptor

What a shame. I saw him on Conan O'Brien once and he was hilarious. At least he died at the 'hands' of another animal, which is surely the appropriate way for him to go. It just shouldn't have been this soon....
ssad.gif

aquarius11

This is very sad news. However, as tragic as it is, he died doing what he loved to do.

R.I.P. Steve Irwin

Juneplum

honestly, i feel like a lost a friend.. DH and i LOVVVVE his shows and watched him all the time
cry.gif
cry.gif
like gizzy said, he died doing what he loved...
ssad.gif
He's up there in croc heaven now.. Rest in peace Steve
cry.gif

Glitziegal

How sad. I really enjoyed some of his exploits. He really educated people while entertaining in his own inimitable way.

Chic 2k6

Apparently his Wife Terri doesnt know yet, as she was out on a hike somewhere. Thats what i was told, his daughter Bindi is the hostess for his new series.

At the time of death, the camera was still rolling and i think it filmed Steve's death
ssad.gif
i REALLY hope that it doesnt get released, it needs to be locked away or destroyed because its so upsetting

lara

Terri knows, as do the children. The newest series has been put on ice out of respect to Steve.

Steve was a good friend of my family. He'll be missed dearly.

jess

It is such a shock - there were emails coming from everywhere yesterday about it - I don't think many Australians were big fans but he was an Icon and he was an international figure and he did a lot for Australia - such as our quarantine ads etc I feel so sad for him to die in this way - my husband was hit by a sting ray barb 2 years ago on his foot - it cut all the tendons and he lots a lot of blood - apparently the barb is one of the sharpest and deadliest things in the world - kind of ironic for someone who worked with crocs and snakes to be killed by a creature that is usually so placid but I guess we all thought he was invincible and larger than life because he was the typical Aussie larrikin, at least he would be content to know that he was doing what he loved when he died.

I really feel for his wife and kids who were in Tassie when it happened and flew back last night when he had his Autopsy and the Coroner examined the video footage of it happening (he was filming a segment at the time) - I saw news footage of his theme park this morning - flowers everywhere and people crying everywhere - it's just so sad as he was such a great person and did such great work.

Bootyliciousx

Aww man this sucks Rest in Peace

I use and still do watch his show animal plaent. I loved his accent. My respects to his family and freinds.

csuthetaphi

My husband and I were out of town this weekend, and this morning I found out what happened. I was so shocked when I heard the news. All I could think of was his poor wife and kids. This has actually been upsetting me most of the day. Steve was a great man, and a great champion of nature and conservation. I loved watching his shows, and I always learned something new. I am terrified of most of the animals he has on the show (crocs, alligators, snakes, etc), but he taught me that these creatures deserve our love and respect. Watching his shows, I was always afraid something terrible was going to happen to him one day. My heart goes out to his family.

ms.marymac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chic 2k6
Apparently his Wife Terri doesnt know yet, as she was out on a hike somewhere. Thats what i was told, his daughter Bindi is the hostess for his new series.

At the time of death, the camera was still rolling and i think it filmed Steve's death
ssad.gif
i REALLY hope that it doesnt get released, it needs to be locked away or destroyed because its so upsetting

I heard on the news that it is up to Terri whether the video gets released. I can't imagine her wanting that-I can't think of how it would be beneficial to anything.

The sad thing is, he's only been gone for a little while and the media is already asking if we'll get to see it.
jerkit.gif

Pushpa

this was so sad to hear i loved this guy....man this sucks i feel for his kids and wife r.i.p

kradge79

I was also shocked when I heard this yesterday. I've since heard that the stingray was not provoked at all, but just attacked. He was a great family man and a great conservationist. I have a friend who has done 2 volunteer stints at Australia Zoo and was lucky enough to meet him. He will be missed by many.

bottleblack

Steve Irwin was awesome, his enthusiasm was so infectious. A loss will definitely be felt by the wildlife community.
ssad.gif

misstwiggwinkle

Video footage 'shows Irwin's death'

Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin's final moments have been tragically caught on tape, says the film director who was with him when he died after being stung by a stingray.

And while it was widely reported that friend and collaborator John Stainton had revealed that he watched the footage, it now appears that he could not bring himself to do so.

There were also rumours that the tape showed Steve pulling the fatal barb out of his chest before collapsing, but according to Stainton, that's untrue.

"It's just absolute rubbish," he revealed to a CNN reporter.

Wildlife cameraman Ben Cropp was also on the scene where Steve and his crew were filming a new TV show called Ocean's Deadliest off the coast of Port Douglas, Australia.

Cropp admitted that he had spoken to someone who had witnessed the footage and that it just shows Steve following a large stingray, which subsequently went into defensive mode and pierced the conservationist's chest.

Latest posts