Random Eyeshadow Sensitivity (MAC e/s wearer)

sheznolady

My e/s sensitivities are not isolated to red dye-containing eye products. In fact, my lids are selectively sensitive to shadows across color and finish spectrums.

Shadows that I have worn for YEARS, like Woodwinked, Expensive Pink, Overgrown, Beaded, Juiced & Love-Bud, have suddenly nutted-up on me.

All shadows purchased from 2006's Technacolor (Pompous Blue, Peppier, etc.) went straight to the trash.
ssad.gif

I recently ordered some pigment samples, and I'm thinking twice about purchasing any full-sized as planned with ARR (Mutiny) on 4/23. Every pigment (Kelly Green, Mauvement, Off the Radar) irritated my lids (itchy, scratchy, and burn-y, oh my!!
angry.gif
).

I use paint pots, paints, or concealer beneath all shadows. Have never used P+P Eye, tho.

Any ideas? It's so random that I really don't know if there will be a reaction until I use it.

Hold me.
cry.gif

User38

have you tried the UDPP.. that stuff is like a shield.. lol

The problem with allergic reactions is that they crop up suddenly and if you buy an ES, it may work well for a few weeks or months and then WHAM.. it's back. I had this when I was preggers with my son, but mercifully it went away after I had him
greengrin.gif

Mabelle

Try e-mailing MAC with a list of some products you're allergic to. Maybe there is a common ingredient you can avoid?

sheznolady

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerGreyness
have you tried the UDPP.. that stuff is like a shield.. lol

The problem with allergic reactions is that they crop up suddenly and if you buy an ES, it may work well for a few weeks or months and then WHAM.. it's back. I had this when I was preggers with my son, but mercifully it went away after I had him
greengrin.gif

This makes perfect sense, the randomness of it all.
th_rolleye0014.gif

I will just keep the offending shadows in rotation, then, instead of trashing them as I am prone. I have tossed soooo many LE colors that will never be seen again.

*sigh*

What is UDPP, HerGreyness? I'm willing to try anything!!

SOS.gif

Okami08

Eeek! Don't throw shadows away - swap or sell them here on Specktra!
greengrin.gif

UDPP is Urban Decay Primer Potion. It's great stuff - it keeps your shadow from creasing and makes the color appear more pigmented and vibrant. I know someone who has super oily eyelids and puts on UDPP every day, because if she doesn't, the oil from her eyelids makes her eyes burn. With UDPP, she has no problems at all, even if she's working out in the garden in the hottest part of summer all day long!

sheznolady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mabelle
Try e-mailing MAC with a list of some products you're allergic to. Maybe there is a common ingredient you can avoid?

Never thought of that.

Thank you!

th_thdeadea.gif

sheznolady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okami08
Eeek! Don't throw shadows away - swap or sell them here on Specktra!
greengrin.gif

UDPP is Urban Decay Primer Potion. It's great stuff - it keeps your shadow from creasing and makes the color appear more pigmented and vibrant. I know someone who has super oily eyelids and puts on UDPP every day, because if she doesn't, the oil from her eyelids makes her eyes burn. With UDPP, she has no problems at all, even if she's working out in the garden in the hottest part of summer all day long!

Sounds like a faboo product! I'll check it out! Thanks to both of you!

Regarding those throwaways...they were discs that had already been depotted. My daughter did rescue a few of my latest potential victims, however: All That Glitters and Mancatcher.
th_rolleye0014.gif

MAC_Whore

First thing you should do is go get a allergy test. I had sensitivities to certain cosmetics and went to my derm to get a patch test. The test contained some of the more common allergans/irritants within cosmetics and daily use items. It was an adhesive patch that I wore on my back for 3 days. It was no big deal and it answered all of my questions. Insurance generally covers the full cost. I didn't pay anything.

Allthough you may not be allergic to red dye, there are other dyes that could be affecting you.

Do you wear acrylic nails or nail polish? You may be having an allergic reaction to those.

I would make sure you investigated the cause instead of just adding a primer barrier. You don't want to mess with your eyes. HTH