random MAC questions...Training.Certification.Toolbelt.Brushe s.

pinkkvintage

just wondering..........

basic training... how long til you get to go to basic training after you get hired?

certification... how does all that work?

when do you get the tool belt with the brushes?

when do you get the jewelry?

is there a probation period after you get hired?

when your at the counter or store before you go to the basic training who and how and what do they train you on?

boudoirblonde

bumpy bump!
icon_bump.gif

blindpassion

Their is a probation period, I believe its three months, which is standard at most jobs.

All the MAC artists I know have gone to basis training within a few weeks of being hired.

I believe that basic training teaches you most things, the store just lets you know the bare minimum until they can get you to basic training.

Its a good system actually, that way the managers don't have to spend their time training, theres a whole other set of people who train those people and send them back.

As far as the brushes go, I don't know.
And as far as the jewerly goes, who really cares... thats not why people work there.

Ruby_Woo

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkkvintage
just wondering..........

basic training... how long til you get to go to basic training after you get hired?

when your at the counter or store before you go to the basic training who and how and what do they train you on?

1. Basic training, that depends on if there is one going on soon or not. I was fortunate to go 3 weeks after being hired, other people had to wait 5-9 months.

2. Certification, depends on the levels, but all of that you learn at basic.

3. Brush belts are always just ready available at the store. So your first shift you'd get whatever they have. They don't give out new ones or anythng.

4. Jewelry, depends if they have it on hand or not. But everyone ends up getting it as its part of the uniform.

And there is a 3 months probabtion period as with other jobs, also after you go to basic you have a certain period of time to get certified in application.

HTH.

L1LMAMAJ

i'm sorry for invading this thread but i didn't wanna start a new one. i wanted to know if it was mandatory for mac artists to wear only mac products to work.

blindpassion

I dont see why they would want you wearing makeup from another company. ^ I am almost 100% sure that you have to wear MAC makeup. Also, if a color is discontinued or LE and they don't have it in stock any more, they don't let you wear those colors - because if a customer asks about them and you dont have them in the store, that doesn't look good.

lipshock

Quote:
Originally Posted by L1LMAMAJ
i'm sorry for invading this thread but i didn't wanna start a new one. i wanted to know if it was mandatory for mac artists to wear only mac products to work.

You work at MAC, so the obvious answer is yes, it is mandatory. It doesn't really make sense to wear another brand's product. Especially if a customer asks you what you are wearing -- you cannot tell them oh I'm wearing so and so by Benefit. That means a possible sale goes to Benefit or whatever brand.

If you feel the need to wear another brand's product, it's always a good idea to find a MAC dupe for the chances that a customer questions what you're wearing or if a higher up MAC employee asks what you are wearing.

lipshock

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkkvintage
It depends on when the next Basic is. Can be days, weeks, or months. I went to Basic after a month with MAC.

There are different levels of certification. You have to pass one level to move onto the next and some you can only test after you've been working with MAC for a certain amount of time.

Your first day of work. I got mine when I went to fill in the paperwork after I was hired because the manager said she wanted to make sure I had my belt and brushes when I had my first day.

The standard MAC necklace and pin you'll get when you're hired. The certification necklaces, you get when you pass that certification. Holiday and LE collection jewelry you get whenever they hand them out.

As with any other job, yes.

They train you on everything MAC. Emphasis is placed on product knowledge and maximizing sales. At update, you learn about new techniques and skills, new product launches, trends of the season, and the like.

boudoirblonde

Whilst that might sound a little obvious, what would an artist do if MAC's foundation colours didn't match? i.e. are all too dark? Has any MAC artist encountered this situation, or seen it happen?

atwingirl

lipshock-
Have to say your avatar makes me giggle every time I come across it! God, I miss "Will & Grace". Sorry to hijack the thread, continue on please....

lipshock

Quote:
Originally Posted by atwingirl
lipshock-
Have to say your avatar makes me giggle every time I come across it! God, I miss "Will & Grace". Sorry to hijack the thread, continue on please....

LOL! I giggle, too.

Everybody loves Jack and his Cher doll.
th_LMAO.gif

Mabelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by boudoirblonde
Whilst that might sound a little obvious, what would an artist do if MAC's foundation colours didn't match? i.e. are all too dark? Has any MAC artist encountered this situation, or seen it happen?

i was wondering the same thing. I know that almost all of their foundations are too dark for me, plus i'm allergic to half
ssad.gif

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by boudoirblonde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mabelle
i was wondering the same thing. I know that almost all of their foundations are too dark for me, plus i'm allergic to half
ssad.gif

if a colour doesn't match or you're allergic, then you can wear something from another brand if that's your only option. but you'll want to know which mac foundation would give the same coverage and finish if a customer wanted to know what you were wearing.

almmaaa

I know this is off topic but how are you loosing weight? I just saw your weighloss tracker.
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby_Woo
1. Basic training, that depends on if there is one going on soon or not. I was fortunate to go 3 weeks after being hired, other people had to wait 5-9 months.

2. Certification, depends on the levels, but all of that you learn at basic.

3. Brush belts are always just ready available at the store. So your first shift you'd get whatever they have. They don't give out new ones or anythng.

4. Jewelry, depends if they have it on hand or not. But everyone ends up getting it as its part of the uniform.

And there is a 3 months probabtion period as with other jobs, also after you go to basic you have a certain period of time to get certified in application.

HTH.

Latest posts