RANT: am i overreacting?

meiming

Hey everyone,

So someone please stop me if I'm just sounding crazy here...it's the 3rd day of me being sick and I could be a little delirious...

So here's my story:

On saturday i went out with a bunch of friends to have a combined birthday celebration for 3 of my friends. One of the birthday girls was one of my best friends. So her boyfriend comes with her and he's sick and getting sicker as the night goes on. But he says he's fine, doesn't want to go home...blah blah blah. They are next to each other but not sharing food or anything like that. She says that she's fine and convinces me to share desert with her and I do.

The next day is her family party which i go to. He's too sick to come but she's been taking vitamins and other stuff to ward off getting anything. She still says she feels fine and I hang out at her house for most of the afternoon and evening.

Monday I go to work and I'm fine but monday night start to feel a little coughy and tired. Tuesday I have a full blown cold by noonish. Since I'm already at work, I head home and I call her as soon as I get a chance to see if she's okay too. Her mom picks up, says she's in the shower and she'll call me back. Okay, that's fine.

So most of the afternoon and evening i'm in and out of sleep. Around 11:30pm she finally texts me saying sorry she didn't call back but she "wasn't feeling so hot". Because I was sleeping, I get this at 4am when I finally wake up for a little bit. So I text her back, figuring she'd get the message when she woke up the next morning. I just wrote "actually that's why i called yesterday because I definitely have the flu".

Now I haven't heard anything from her since then. I know it's only been a day, but i'm sort of annoyed. I know the only ones I could have gotten this cold from is her or her boyfriend but she doesn't even call to ask how I'm doing? As soon as I found out I was sick, the first thing I thought to do was call her to see if she's okay.

Now I am still sick and also a bit stir-crazy as it's the 3rd day, but I feel she's being inconsiderate. Is it just me?

help talk me down please!

MACATTAK

Maybe she hasn't called because she's sick too? When I'm sick, I sure don't feel like talking to people on the phone. Also, it sucks that you got sick, but I'm sure they didn't intentionally try to get you sick. Maybe her boyfriend should have stayed home since he was sick, but since it was your friend's birthday as well, I'm sure he didn't want to miss it. Unfortunately germs spread......

MxAxC-_ATTACK

I agree, I know when I get really sick with something like the flu, I just sleep, and thats it, I sleep, for Hours and hours and hours, unless I'm unfortunately occupying the bathroom !

She'll get back to you when she feels up to it. Im sure she didn't intentionally get you sick.

meiming

thanks gals for your support. you're right and now that i'm conscious again (and my fever finally broke) i know you're right. actually, while i was sleeping i got a text from her asking if i was better today.

sorry for being such a spaz and wiggin out on you all. i guess being sick makes me moody
ssad.gif

SparklingWaves

I think your friend didn't make the connection. The flu can make you feel like your 1/2 dead. So sorry everyone got so sick.

meiming

I think y'all are right. the flu IS evil and made me think strange things in my delirium. I'm glad i vented here instead of doing something stupid. i'll give her a call today now that I'm well enough to be upright =P

CantAffordMAC

you might be overreacting a little bit. You are probably just extra irritated because you're sick. Yes, you probably got it from her or her boyfriend..you were around them for days. Germs fly like crazy...you might not get sick for a week, you might get sick the same night. or you might not get sick at all--everyone's different. But the germs were definetly around. Just because you didn't eat from her boyfriend, doesn't mean that theres no way you coulda got sick. You guys were in the same (close) vicinity and her bf didn't eat the dessert, but she probably kissed him earlier that day, and you were eating from her. Or maybe she held his hand that he previously coughed on...etc.

Anywho. My point is that you should've steered waaaaay clear. because sick people are icky. lol. I would assume that she's not calling because she's sick too...and to be honest, if I gave a friend the flu, I'd feel bad and apologize, but I would not be calling her all the time to see if she was okay lol. Its not HIV, even though the flu is horrible. At least you know now to stay away from the sickies lol. My little brother is 4 and gets sick at least a few times a year. Now him and my mom have a sore throat and I'm waiting on my turn.
thmbdn.gif
Living with people sucks lol.

I realize that the problem has been fixed now and didn't really need my response. But who cares...I ws bored anyways.

Latest posts