Rant of the day

Jessica

OK, so I hate to clean. So as a treat to myself and my family
winks.gif
I hired a cleaning service to come to the house every other week. Well, last monday was the 2nd time that they had come to the house and of course it was beautiful. Except for when I went to take a shower, the faucet was broken and just spun around instead turning the water on. OK, I thought no need to get upset yet, since the company I went with is insured and bonded. I call the company and they send out a "representative" to the house and she then contacts a plumber. The plumber comes out to the house today and gives an estimate.
He couldn't get in touch with the company rep, so he left me an estimate and we would wait to hear from them.
fine
the lady calls me and says that the plumber stated that the faucet is very worn and perhaps we have been turning it too hard when we turn it on and off. That there is no obvious "abuse" that the cleaning ladies could have done during the 2 cleanings that have been performed @ our house. She asked if we could "compromise" so that she wouldn't have to file an insurance claim. When I asked what that compromise was, she said "You pay half of the repairs and we will pay the other half, or we can clean your house once for free. Since the cleanings are cheaper then half of the repairs." My thought????? Bullshit. I told her I'd need to talk w/ my DH first, only to buy me some time before I ripped her f*cking head off. I told her that our house was only 4 years old and no....I haven't noticed ANY difficulty turning the water on and off BEFORE your crazy ladies came out. WHo by the way NEGLECTED to notify me of the fact that broke my FAUCET.
AGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH..........................
I so f*cking pissed right now. Acting as if I'm trying to get something out of them that I am not rightfully due!!!! I'm calling that stupid )Q(##Q(&$ right now and tell her where she can go. Insured and bonded, who f*cking cares if you don't provide those services to your clients?

lilMAmom

Sorry :( (ro)

Get everything in writing and write down notes on every phone call with them. Tell her you will contact a lawyer if need be. That might be all it takes to get her to realize you're serious.

user3

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilMAmom
Get everything in writing and write down notes on every phone call with them. Tell her you will contact a lawyer if need be. That might be all it takes to get her to realize you're serious.

I agree with above. Sometimes people need to know that you mean business. Sounds like she doesn't want to file an insurance claim because maybe they have had to file a few in the past. I would see if you can get a second opinion from another plumber. I just don't trust companies that call their own.

Good luck! Sorry this happened.

Latest posts