rant: SOROR BEATDOWN!

Cocopuff

Ok ladies! I LOVE my precious makeup collection. I have taken the time and purchased a vanity and made it nice for ME! I have my Kimora Lee Simmons Barbie, MAC Barbie and the new Alvin Ailey Barbie on my vanity. My problem is that when ever my sorors or friends go out they want to get ready at my house and use my makeup. They love MAC but think it is too expensive, but will surely come over to make up their face. Yes, I am an only child, but I am also a single mother of 2 kids and this is my one little vice and I am protective over it. I work hard, make a good living and splurge on makeup. It has even gotten to the point where the girls will call me and ask if I have a certain color. Also, I got to watch those heffas cause they try to put the lipglosses in their purse so they can do a 'touchup'. One time I had to call one girl and tell her to return my lipgloss. She admittedly said that she hoped I had forgotten! Am I over reacting or can I serve the beatdown?

nonono.gif
angry.gif
th_dunno.gif
censored.gif
rant.gif
fight.gif
getyou.gif

j_absinthe

Hell no you aren't. It's your makeup, they belong to you.

One thing I will say as far as sharing makeup- especially things like lipglosses and mascaras- is that though they may be your girls, they may also have things you don't know about, which can be transmitted to you- and even if your babies if you aren't careful.

When my friends want to use my makeup, I make sure that...

A. I'm around, or that I only leave out what they want to use.

B. If they want to use a product like lipgloss or mascara, I also have a lipbrush and disposable wands handy so that they don't put their germs on mines.

couturesista

Let the Beatdown Commense! ( Non-Violently of course, hehe)
yes.gif
My cousin and sister are the same way. Whenver its time to go out, everybody is all up in through my house. I have an idea when the holidays or birthdays come around give them giftcards from MAC or buy them some
mac_haul.gif
and then go to their house and take it!
winkiss.gif
winkiss.gif
My kind of beatdown
th_DANCE.gif
th_DANCE.gif

ShugAvery2001

girl just say NO.
stop letting them take advantage of your shit
I don't even let my daughter just have free reign over my makeup because it's an investment. I buy her wet and wild

MiCHiE

I don't share makeup. PERIOD. If I have something I no longer want, I consider giving it to someone who I think will use it, but don't steal my stuff.

ClaireAvril

I don't share my makeup more or less for hygenic reasons.
So that is what I tell people - no I am not sharing my mascara wand, or my nail file with you.. please don't swatch my eyeshadow with your dirty finger.

I just bluntly say no.. and they don't ask again.

PollyRhythm

Beatdown!!!
th_LMAO.gif
Seriously, in my eyes, they're being a little selfish and not understanding how much money and hard work goes into buying MAC products (or any high-end product). They won't buy it for themselves but they'll come and use yours up and not care. I call that FREELOADING. I am one of those people who knows what it feels like to be used, and I know users when I see them. I especially dislike (hate is what I want to use) when people take something that belongs to me and not even ask me if they could have/borrow it. 99% of the time, I'm likely to say yes, depending on the situation but if you just take my shit and tell me you'd hope I'd forgotten or didn't notice, I've lost the trust part of the relationship and I'll remember that you were being a theif and took something that didn't belong to you and believe that you'll likely do it again.

Cocopuff, I totally understand where you come from and I know I may be harsh in this but like I said, I've personally been there so I can read the signs. You might have to be bold and firm with them the next time (if there is one) or you can be gentle with this outline and let them know:

1. This is my shit and I worked hard for it.
2. Be careful because like the saying goes "You break it, you buy it".
3. Nothing of mine leaves without my permission.
*note* This is the vulgar part of my mind, it's come out to play every now and then
yes.gif

It's ultimately up to you how you handle it but once again, you HAVE to be firm or your point goes out the window. The first time I tried it, they looked right past me with blank expressions like a parent tells a kid to clean their room but the second time, *I really pitched a bitch* they understood. HTH!

Moderators, if I'm being too vulgar, please let me know.

carandru

Beatdown!!!!! I know your sorors are supposed to be your sisters. But that's why you can let the beatdown commence, and they should still love you afterwards and respect your wishes. Hell my own sister knows not to get into my collection! She doesn't ask to use my makeup, and if she does use it, its b/c I offered it to her or I'm doing her makeup. And anytime she wants to take something for a touchup. She asks me and promptly returns it that night, even if I don't remember.

And the chick who said I hope you forgot would have gotten a nice choice of words from me. I mean, you just admitted your were trying to steal my stuff that I worked hard and paid for? O Hellllllllllllllllllll no!

If it's too expensive go buy some NYX or some other drugstore brand and stay out my stuff. If you want MAC then get your own. You are not the MAC counter.

Cocopuff

YOU ladies are all right! I have tried to put them on to NYX at the beauty supply store. I showed them a couple of the NYX trios that show up pretty well. It has just been irking me for awhile and carandru you are correct, I need to tell them I am not a MAC counter. Polly Rhythm...girl...you broke it down for a sista.

FiestyFemme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocopuff
I need to tell them I am not a MAC counter.

That is exactly what I was thinking.
People know better than to touch my stuff without asking. I don't let people use my makeup. It's mine, I worked hard for it, and if nothing else, I keep it to myself for hygienic reasons.
Definitely let the beatdown commence.
yes.gif

PollyRhythm

Oh, I forgot to mention about the hygiene issues! Seriously, you can't let just anyone into your makeup. I work in the medical field and from some of the stuff I've seen that people can get from sharing things( whether it be food, liquids, or other products) you have to be very careful of who you let share. Seriously, for some reason people don't believe that you get Mono from sharing/swapping anything by mouth. Another note, most people, not all, but the vast majority of people on this earth do not wash their hands on a regular basis, especially after bathroom use (even people in the Medical Field don't).

If you even think someone isn't 'hygienic' enough, don't let them touch anything!

NutMeg

So they think it's too expensive to buy for themselves, but not too expensive for you to buy for them? (because if they use your stuff all the time that's what is happening) I'm voting beatdown.

Lizzie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutMeg
So they think it's too expensive to buy for themselves, but not too expensive for you to buy for them? (because if they use your stuff all the time that's what is happening) I'm voting beatdown.

She pretty much took the words out of my mouth. It's too expensive for them to buy, so they mooch it from you? If any of my friends got their grubby little paws on my collection... there would be a beatdown. And they know this. I really think you should just lay down the law. And if they don't listen... let the beatdown commence.

The thought of people taking my makeup "for touchups" and hoping I "forget"....
angry.gif
... they would not live to see another day. Also, if they used my lipgloss, mascara, anything like that... I would just throw it away. I wouldn't even give it to them because it would set a bad precedent.

Maybe I'm overproctective of what little MAC I do have, but that's because it's not like I can go to the mall whenever and get all of the things I want. I work hard to earn the money for this and I'm building a collection piece by piece. I just think it's so selfish and nasty what they're doing, and if they were your friends they wouldn't do it, especially if they knew it bothered you.

Shimmer

I wouldn't let them touch my stuff. Period. I don't even show my friends my makeup. IF I do, it's someone I've known for awhile.
I don't tell them what brands I wear, if they ask about somethign on my eyes, I'll say "Oh it's green and brown shadow with a creamy color."

pinktraits

I've had people do this with my clothes. They know I have quite a big wardrobe (I shop 99 cent day at Value Village, booya! :p ) so they just come around when ever they're needing new clothes or a costume. But I've had a couple people just take my clothes and then tell me that I gave the clothes to them to keep. Yes, because when one asks to borrow something and you say yes it immediatly translates to "Go ahead keep my things". *sigh* So, anyway, yeah, the short of my rant, I totally understand and I would definitely put my foot down (which I finally did). If that causes you to lose these "friends" then so be it, they were obviously only moochers and not real friends to begin with.

franimal

I used to have this problem with old roommates. I didn't mind if I applied the makeup, because otherwise they would dig their fingers and brushes all crazy into everything, scrape up my shadows, get powder dust over my packaging and just be wasteful. It's your makeup and it's expensive. If they can't be respectful and treat it as if it means what it does to you, don't let them touch yer shit. Especially if they want to take lipgloss with them for touch-ups! EEW... that's unsanitary anyways. There's a difference between being stingy and taking care of your collection which you have worked hard to afford.

TISH1124

Sometimes kindness can be mistaken as weakness...Tell them B** to stay out of your S*** and you mean it!!

Brie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinktraits
I've had people do this with my clothes. They know I have quite a big wardrobe (I shop 99 cent day at Value Village, booya! :p ) so they just come around when ever they're needing new clothes or a costume.

Oh I know this story.... EH!! Do I look like a department store??? lol i always joke and say i should open up a shoe/clothing rental place.

abbey_08

omg! dont let them out the house with your makeup! they wouldnt walk out with your tv so why do they think its ok to walk out with make up?! its still your property paid with your money!
you are going to have to be firm and say noooo!!
tell them to bring their makeup around and you will show them better ways to apply it....or just apply your makeup before they come and then put it away in a secure place and say 'sorry im not renting out makeup anymore!!"

Latest posts