Rant? Unorganized brides.

MACATTAK

Not cool
ssad.gif

j_absinthe

It sounds to me like you should have been left her at least a message. Nothing rude, but something affirmative stating that she has to meet you half way if she wants decent results.

sadieboo

I shudder to think about the rest of her preparations, if she has been this flaky with you! If a bride has fifteen bridesmaids, she'd better be organized. Did you decide to leave her a message today? I agree with the poster above - explain that for you to work with her, she has to do her part. She may not realize the amount of work this is for you (I know, sounds crazy, but some people think that makeup artists just get to 'play' with makeup and get paid for it- that it isn't really 'work').

If she is still hard to deal with after your call today, I would stay away from it.

SparklingWaves

Makeup for a wedding is a huge deal that needs proper prep. Some folks think it's something that can be pulled off with no prep. That's ignorance.

mommymac

Are you sure there is going to be a wedding, and that she wasn't trying to just get buddy buddy with you so that you would give her the inside on a job at your company. Sounds a bit wishy washy on her part
th_dunno.gif
. Three months and no contact, be ready she may call you a week before.

FacesbyNiki

I would send her a certified letter stating you either are not doing her make up, or she needs to contact you on what the deal is. With the certified letter, you know she has to sign for it.

nics1972

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommymac
Are you sure there is going to be a wedding, and that she wasn't trying to just get buddy buddy with you so that you would give her the inside on a job at your company. Sounds a bit wishy washy on her part
th_dunno.gif
. Three months and no contact, be ready she may call you a week before.

My thoughts exactly..

lara

She's a flake. If she rings up in a panic, tell her that because she was unable to confirm her booking and make a deposit, someone has already booked you for that day and has paid a non-refundable deposit.

MsCuppyCakes

In the long run, you stand out as a professional, and the next time this woman contacts/solicits someone for services she may be mindful of their time because of you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katura
Thanks ladies. I left a message at both numbers she gave me, professionally explaining that since there has been serious lack of communication, no confirmation on booking that actual date for the wedding or prep day, that my services will be unavailable.

I felt kinda crappy doing it, but I guess its how business goes. If a client can't get a grip on what she needs/wants, she cant really expect me to be ready to do a full, complete, wonderful job that I'm more than capable of.

Any one else have horror-bride stories???

little_angel

fortunately my bridal experiences have been good so far... knock on wood! i've learned a lot going in from this board and others, so i'm lucky to have been able to learn from the mistakes of others! GOD BLESS THE INTERNET!

Janice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katura
She called me THISMORNING....

I can't do this job with one week to prepare, no assistant anymore, not enough foundation colors, no idea which color fdn I need...wtf.

please help meeee

Quote:
Originally Posted by lara
She's a flake. If she rings up in a panic, tell her that because she was unable to confirm her booking and make a deposit, someone has already booked you for that day and has paid a non-refundable deposit.

That's all you need to do. Simple. Don't be afraid of her throwing a tantrum, this is her fault.

MACATTAK

Yup I agree with Janice! Her lack of planning does not create an emergency for you. It would be crazy if she actually finds someone to do the makeup on such short notice!

ms.marymac

She'll probably go (with all 15 bridesmaids) to a counter on the day of her wedding and expect the one or two MAs on duty to do it in an hour...

suziecutie

I agree with MacAttak. Her emergency is not your emergency. She definitely should have confirmed with you in advance and signed some sort of contract if she expects you to not only do her makeup but 15 of her bridesmaids makeup as well.