Raw, Painfull Eyelids? Helpppp!!!!!

selfish22007

OK, this is the deal, lol, sometimes when i apply shadow, my eyelids get really raw, ecspecially when trying to blend. I dont know if Im doing it too hard? Or the brushes arent soft enough? I use mac brushes. Ummm, the crease area is the biggest problem, I also have issues with hyperpigmentation so now im noticing a darkness right in the crease area and outer lid. Not good, its dry, flaky, they burn when i wash my face also. Soooo, do I really need a "lighter hand", brushes, or will a certain eyecream help??? Any suggestions????

Shaquille

hmm I think the problem is that your lids are very dry.. do you use a base?

I'd say use an eye gel or eye cream.. leave it to dry, then use a base.. then eyeshadows.. hth

ginger9

You might be allergic to the e/s...what brand and what color are you using? You may want to stop using any e/s until you have taken care of the rawness and hyper pigmentation and then slowly start testing again to see if it is indeed allergies. I would suggest you do this in small quantities to avoid the burning sensation!

ClaireAvril

I would see a dermatologist
This should be happening. Maybe you're allergic to the brushes.. allergic to the makeup.
You should check that out ASAP and not irritate it any further. The eye area is so delicate and important.

RoseyPosey

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaireAvril
This should be happening. Maybe you're allergic to the brushes.. allergic to the makeup.
You should check that out ASAP and not irritate it any further. The eye area is so delicate and important.

+ a million!

emeraldjewels

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaireAvril

I agreee 100% with this! Stop using make up until you have found out what is causing the irritation and soreness.