Reaction to Paint?

mbee

Does anyone else have any skin reactions to Paint? I have never had a problem or any allergies to cosmetics, but I tried Paints for the first time yesterday and my eyelid was very red and irritated today and I remember my eyes being a bit watery yesterday.

Also, when I applied my primer over the area this morning, it burned and tingled a teensy bit. I've never had any reactions to primers or cream shadows or anything... has any one else experienced anything like this??
hmm.gif

UPDATE:
I emailed mac about the situation, and they responded with an email asking me to provide batch number and shade information with my home address. Yesterday I received a packet of papers in the mail asking me to return my product to the corporate office for a full refund and an offer to be reimbursed for any medical expenses. Also there it came with a long form with details describing how I used the product, details of my reaction, and my skincare regime.

I am personally very please with how the situation is being handled, which is much more than I expected. I plan on sending my paints back tomorrow with the forms filled out.

mac_aiken

I've never had a problem with them but it sounds like you very well may be having a reaction of some sort. I wouldn't use anything in the area for a day or two to give your eye a chance to rest/heal. Then slowly ease back into wearing your normal eye products. If you have another reaction contact your doc immediately.

lara

If you ever have reactions to cosmetic products,
a.) stop using them immediately,
b1.) let it heal, OR
b2.) go see a doctor.

Dr Internet is not a reputable source of health advice - use your common sense and see someone with M.D after their name, or at least go and talk to your local chemist.