Real Gold Pigment?

angi

I like to think that I'm pretty good at spotting fakes on ebay, but I found this with a few minutes to go, and well... you know how it is when you need a colour that you don't already have, so I got it.

From the pics, to me it looks legit (thats why I bought it!). The seller had a number of other rare colours that they also got rid of, but I already had most of them, so I just went for the gold.

What do you lovely ladies think?

BNIB Full Size Jar - MAC Gold Frost Pigment - VHTF! on eBay, also, Eye Shadow, Make-Up Cosmetics, Health Beauty (end time 21-Apr-08 21:50:06 BST)
The one I bought- Gold (yes, I know it was relatively expensive!)

Other ones the seller had:

BNIB Full Size Jar - MAC Silver Frost Pigment - VHTF! on eBay, also, Eye Shadow, Make-Up Cosmetics, Health Beauty (end time 21-Apr-08 21:50:29 BST)
silver

BNIB Full Size Jar - MAC Green Frost Pigment - VHTF! on eBay, also, Eye Shadow, Make-Up Cosmetics, Health Beauty (end time 21-Apr-08 21:50:13 BST)
Green

BNIB Full Size Jar - MAC Blue Storm Frost Pigment - HTF on eBay, also, Eye Shadow, Make-Up Cosmetics, Health Beauty (end time 21-Apr-08 21:49:57 BST)
Blue storm

BNIB Full Size Jar - MAC Blue Frost Pigment - VHTF! on eBay, also, Eye Shadow, Make-Up Cosmetics, Health Beauty (end time 21-Apr-08 21:49:48 BST)
Ok, so I don't have this one, but to me, this does look like RR blue, and actually has the same batch code as my RR blue.

Also, just as an aside, does anyone have Landscape green pigment (matte). I got one from mac pro the other day, it says matte on the receipt, but its 7.5g rather than 2.5g (says so on the jar and the box). I know, its direct from MAC so its fine, but I thought that mattes were always 2.5g, or is this not the case?

MACATTAK

They all look good to me. The only thing is that Gold looks more orange than gold, but it may just be the flash because the jar is definitely authentic.

panda0410

yup these are definitely real - I bought the blue
winks.gif

Just a note - its NOT Rebelrock Blue - RR was not released until 2005 and the most common batch code for RR Blue is A55 - for 2005 manufacture.
This is PRE RR Blue and is much more deeply pigmented than RR blue. If you look the batch code on the base of this pigment it clearly says AB3 - hence manufactured in 2003 2 years before the RR Collection was even released.

The Blue was reformulated and repromoted for RR Collection. RR Blue much is actually much sheerer applied than the original Blue, hence my wanting this one - the pigmentation is better in original Blue. They may look the same in the pot, but the colours ARE different applied
winks.gif

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by angi
Also, just as an aside, does anyone have Landscape green pigment (matte). I got one from mac pro the other day, it says matte on the receipt, but its 7.5g rather than 2.5g (says so on the jar and the box). I know, its direct from MAC so its fine, but I thought that mattes were always 2.5g, or is this not the case?

not necessarily. my rich purple and smoke signals is 7.5. but all my other mattes are 2.5. my silver (metal) is 2.5, but my gold, platinum and copper (metals) are all 7.5. i don't know why there are differences, but there are.

angi

Well, after all this time of owning my blue pigment, I stand corrected. I guess my blue looks the same as the one in the picture because it IS the same as the one in the picture, as it's a 2003 production. For some reason I always thought it was RR, but obviously not. I should pay more attention to the MAC that I buy.
yes.gif