Real or not???

Daligani

I got my samples in that I had ordered off Ebay (yay, possibly not a MAC virgin anymore lol), and, as I said in my other thread, I have no clue whatsoever what authentic MAC pigments look or feel like. Sooooo..
hmm.gif

I took 3 pictures of 3 different "pigments", and honestly in real life, they really do look almost identical to how they show in the pictures. So, what you're seeing here is how I see them.. except maybe the softwash grey.. it looks a teeny tiny smidge darker on camera.
Now, I know that you really can't tell the actual quality of the stuff simply by looking at the pictures, but, I was wondering if maybe you all would be able to tell if the colors look even remotely true? I would appreciate it very much!
I can try to get pictures of the others that I received as well if you want me to.. I also have Gold Dusk, Goldenaire, Vanilla, Fairylite, Sunpepper, Green Brown, and Old Gold (which is the one I'm reaaaally not sure about.. is it supposed to look greenish-gold in the jar?).

This is (supposedly) Copper sparkle..

Softwash Grey

And Deep purple

Whether they're authentic or not, I really can't tell how well I like them just yet. I used a few yesterday and I realized pretty quickly that my usual crappy lid base of concealer just isn't gonna cut it. They don't apply the same as my usual BE does.. and with the concealer as a base.. eeeeeh, nah, not working all that well. They're not splotchy or anything, though. I'm going to be getting some paints and maybe a shadestick or two this weekend. We'll see from there, I guess..

DaizyDeath

they look real to me from your pictures. & yes old gold is definitly supposta look greenish gold in the jar and on the lid.

brandiisamonkey

I know that your softwas grey is def real so the other more than likey are too, and yes they do apply diffrently than be shadows, esp the chunkier glittery ones...

Daligani

Thanks, ladies.. I appreciate your replies!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbell9245
the copper sparkle one looks more like old gold in that picture :confused:

Actually, I think you might be right.. so I took some pics of the others that I got, including another of the copper sparkle and old gold. I'll get them uploaded here in a few
smiles.gif

Daligani

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaizyDeath
they look real to me from your pictures. & yes old gold is definitly supposta look greenish gold in the jar and on the lid.

Thanks.. I thought that Old Gold was just going to be a simple gold color.. oh well. It's still pretty, though =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandiisamonkey
I know that your softwas grey is def real so the other more than likey are too, and yes they do apply diffrently than be shadows, esp the chunkier glittery ones...

Good deal. It's a really pretty color.
It's going to take some getting used to, that's for sure. I've been using BE for so long now that that's practically ALL I use anymore. I need the change lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbell9245
the copper sparkle one looks more like old gold in that picture :confused:

Actually, I think you might be right.. so I took some pics of the others that I got, including another of the copper sparkle and old gold. I'll get them uploaded here in a few
smiles.gif

Daligani

Ok.. I have pics of the rest of them. You were right.. that was old gold up there. I don't know how I confused the two, but, I definately did.

Now, again, these all look the same irl as in the pictures except for sunpepper.. it looks more purple-y on camera to me.

Sunpepper

Copper Sparkle

Old Gold

Green Brown

Old gold - Green Brown (the camera made them look too much alike)

Goldenaire

Gold Dusk

Fairylite

I have Vanilla, too.. but, somehow I missed it and didn't get a pic. Oops. Oh well.
ohboy.gif

prinzessin784

they look right to me! Copper Sparkle is chunkier in texture than a lot of other ones so it might seem different, and Fairylite is chalkier with chunks of glitter. I think you got some good ones!

Daligani

Quote:
Originally Posted by prinzessin784
they look right to me! Copper Sparkle is chunkier in texture than a lot of other ones so it might seem different, and Fairylite is chalkier with chunks of glitter. I think you got some good ones!

Awesooooome!
If anyone wants the seller's ebay ID, it's Kaseyross. Here's her "stuff".
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZkaseyrossQQhtZ-1

mistella

Yeah they def. look real. thanks for posting the seller's link, I'm going to buy some! they're so cheap!
smiles.gif

Daligani

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistella
Yeah they def. look real. thanks for posting the seller's link, I'm going to buy some! they're so cheap!
smiles.gif

Oh, you're most welcome!

She's pretty darn fast with the shipping, too. I put my order in on Sunday night and got it Wednesday afternoon. Hell, I wasn't expecting it so soon.. and I was all sad because I had already put my makeup on for the day and I didn't get to play with my new toys
girlhaha.gif
I would have just washed my makeup off and redid it, but, I didn't want to waste makeup. I'm such a cheapo haha
th_crazy2.gif

Latest posts