Real Techniques Expert Face Brush

chinablaq

Hello you guys... I see that Real Techniques released a few new brushes. I own a few of the single ones, along with 2 sets. I was wondering id the Expert Face Brush was similar to the buffing brush that came in the Core face set? Also wondered if the new Setting brush similar to the contour brush from the Core collection. I see they have a BOGO sale going on at Ulta. Was thinking of ordering them. TIA

chinablaq

Sorry for the double post... Not sure how that happened
blinks.gif

Yazmin

Hello you guys... I see that Real Techniques released a few new brushes. I own a few of the single ones, along with 2 sets. I was wondering id the Expert Face Brush was similar to the buffing brush that came in the Core face set? Also wondered if the new Setting brush similar to the contour brush from the Core collection. I see they have a BOGO sale going on at Ulta. Was thinking of ordering them. TIA
I haven't used these brushes yet, but my impression of the Expert Face Brush is that it's similar in density to the Buffing Brush, but it's more of an oval shape and rounded at the top. The Setting Brush doesn't resemble the Contour Brush to me at all. If I had to liken it to any of the brushes in the collection, it's more of a larger size version of the Base Shadow Brush or tapered highlighter brush. I'm going to experiment with it and try it with concealer, highlight and setting with face powder and see what works best for me.

maclovin baby

I have the expert face brush,but I don't have the brush that came in the core set.I have noticed that the brush doesn't eat up a lot of the product compared to the stippling brush.I hope that makes sense,I just ordered 2 backups from ulta too.must say I luv it.

chinablaq

I haven't used these brushes yet, but my impression of the Expert Face Brush is that it's similar in density to the Buffing Brush, but it's more of an oval shape and rounded at the top. The Setting Brush doesn't resemble the Contour Brush to me at all. If I had to liken it to any of the brushes in the collection, it's more of a larger size version of the Base Shadow Brush or tapered highlighter brush. I'm going to experiment with it and try it with concealer, highlight and setting with face powder and see what works best for me.
Thanks for the comparisons!

chinablaq

I have the expert face brush,but I don't have the brush that came in the core set.I have noticed that the brush doesn't eat up a lot of the product compared to the stippling brush.I hope that makes sense,I just ordered 2 backups from ulta too.must say I luv it.
I love the stippling brush, but I have noticed that it tends to eat up a lot of product. Glad to know that's not the case with the expert face brush. I definitely plan on ordering it today. Thanks!

duku

I want this brush, I just wish they were cheaper in the UK! We'd never get a BOGOF deal on it here.