Real World: Brooklyn

chocolategoddes

Did anyone catch the first episode?
What do you think of this season and the cast?

I like that it's not just going to be a bunch of dumb jocks and slutty, dramatic bimbos getting drunk and sleeping around like it has been the past few seasons.

Macnarsandlove

its the same ppl everytime just a few differences from past seasons. lets see u have a...
mormon
gay guy
"aspiring" model/actor chick

but they threw in a military person which isnt new but ppl still wanna see it. the tranny which is funny cause who was she fooling? The tattooed hipster chick is boring. They dont cast ppl, the cast stereo types. Im over it already.

SingFrAbsoltion

I won't watch it but I know that while they were filming it a lot of bars wouldn't let them come in because people hate the show so much haha

hello_kitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingFrAbsoltion
I won't watch it but I know that while they were filming it a lot of bars wouldn't let them come in because people hate the show so much haha

It was like that in Denver, too. A lot of places were like "oh hell no you're not coming in here."

Before the Denver season they held a casting in my town in Wyoming, and ended up pissing a lot of people off, because they straight up told everyone they wanted a sheltered, racist, homophobic cowboy for the show, and they ended up getting everyone besides that at the casting. So needless to say, no one from that casting made it on the show, heh.

I haven't followed a Real World in about 10 years... it's all the same stuff, just different town, and stupider people. But that's about all MTV is anymore...
thmbdn.gif

M.A.C. head.

I was bored watching it, like, entirely. It's the same as always.

Except they went back to having only 1 black person LMAO I was surprised last season when they went through like 3 or 4.

The only part that really sparked anything for me was when the military guy was talking to the gay guy about the tranny girl. He was acting like it was his business and like she was obligated to come out and tell everyone about herself. That always pisses me off. That's THEIR business, and their choice of whether they want to talk about it openly or not.

MiCHiE

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolategoddes
Did anyone catch the first episode?
What do you think of this season and the cast?

I like that it's not just going to be a bunch of dumb jocks and slutty, dramatic bimbos getting drunk and sleeping around like it has been the past few seasons.

I watched it and I like it for the exact reasons you mentioned. It seems like they're going back to the formula that made seasons like NY1, LA and SF popular.

Blushbaby

I thought it was a bit 'blah'. Will try and keep it watching it online though now I'm back in London. I wanna see when the military guy flips out and smashes the table!

OfficerJenny

I like it a lot lot :3

I hate Ryan, he's so poopy nose pink
I love Katelynn so muchhh <3 and the fitnessman, he's a smart tart :3

spacegirl2007

ryan cracks me up.
his facial expressions, sarcastic commentary. though you can tell he's ready to snap any second.
i think maybe sarah wouldn't be so hoarse if she would shut the f up once in a while. blahblahblahblahblahblahblahbhalhadawefsdf. you can definitely tell she wants to be a therapist. and chet is definitely a very closeted homosexual.

chocolategoddes

Yeah, I'm almost 100% convinced Chet is in the closet and just repressed by his Mormon upbringing. Kinda sad.

When is anything juicy going to start happening?

chocolategoddes

This is my conclusion on Chet:

At first I didn't think he was gay either. I thought he was just a guy who was probably a bit sheltered and a bit ignorant and that was why he was so caught up in the whole "people think i'm gay" situation.
And I could relate because for the longest time, people assumed i was a lesbian because of my mannerisms and the way i dressed, to the point where everything i did was to prove the point that i liked guys. so, in my mind, he was just a straight, mormon guy who was into fashion. no big deal.

then i was watching one of the real world dailies where ryan was telling chet that they were going to Chelsea(a predominantly- gay district in new york). You can watch it for yourself. there was a specific moment that instantly screamed out to me :chet likes boys.

as much as he's trying to prove to others that he's straight, its pretty obvious to me that Chet is actually trying to convince himself that he's not gay. He's trying to repress any sorts of feelings or attractions he has to other men by constantly stating how much he likes girls, how he wants to attract girls( by wearing eyeliner), how he likes to dance with girls etc.
He's very insecure about his sexuality.

I personally find this extremely fascinating but very unfortunate. I have a couple of Mormon friends and they tell me that if someone came out as homosexual, they'd be excommunicated from the church.

wow... i wrote a lot. :/

CantAffordMAC

th_yawn.gif
If it doesnt start getting interesting, I wont watch it. I watch shows for the drama and the....stupidity.

And that guy is deffffffffffinetly gay. No man talks THAT much about a guy's penis size. So you saw a Magnum XL in his dresser, and u go on for 20 minutes about how big his weewee is? Thats...not heterosexual. My boyfriend would NEVER even begin to talk about another man's penis, let alone describe it, and go into detail, and ask questions. Just...the whole vibe about that guy is gay. Fashion, eyeliner, he's way too "done up", he ddint care about being at the gay club, he doesnt seem to care that the other guy is gay, went on for 20 minutes about his penis, etc......

Ur gay. Point blank period. Nobody really attracts me this season. last season was fun. This one seems to suck. I hope someone goes home so someone new and better can come in.

User35

these peoples lives are ridiculous. I havent watched "real" world since I was like 15...and that was a while ago lol