Really thick, coarse hair

sayah

Does anyone else have this? How do you take care of your hair?

I just chopped off 6 inches and find my hair much more easy to work with. It's so light!
yahoo.gif

LMD84

yeah i have thick and coarse hair and it's pretty long - about 20.5 inches. i try to keep it in good condition by rarely using heated products - i limited myself to using ghd's once a week and a blow dryer once a week. i use deep conditioning masks as an actual conditioner. i use leave in conditioner too. plus if i ever go swimming i always coat my hair in conditioner before i go into the pool!

sayah

I rarely use heated products either. I wash my hair about every 3 or 4 days and use a deep conditioner every 10 days. My hairdresser recently told me I can do the deep conditioning part once a week so I'm gonna do it more often.

What products do you use? I use Tigi, moisturising something or other and their minty mask and I've just ordered Redken All Soft to try next.

LMD84

I rarely use heated products either. I wash my hair about every 3 or 4 days and use a deep conditioner every 10 days. My hairdresser recently told me I can do the deep conditioning part once a week so I'm gonna do it more often.

What products do you use? I use Tigi, moisturising something or other and their minty mask and I've just ordered Redken All Soft to try next.
oh yeah i wash my hair every 3 days too. sometimes on the third day i look a little greasy but i use dry shampoo just on my roots :)

i use lots of matrix smooth products like the shampoo, conditioner as well as the biolage leave in conditioner. then i also use the macadamia conditioning treatment. i also have various oils that i use each week ranging from ojon, moroccan and also the macadamia one too :)

LMD84

Ooh, are the oils good? I've thought about getting some!
sorry for my delayed response! yeah the oils are great! my fave is the moroccan oil. ojon does amazing things when i leave it in overnight - however the smell is a massive down side. my husband says it smells like cigarettes! it certainly smells of tobacco mixed with coffee or something!

Latest posts