Reasons why I love SpecKtra

redambition

heart.gif
The people and the contributions they make to this site
heart.gif
The incredible amount of work and love that Janice puts into the site - it really shows
heart.gif
The mod squad - they rock
heart.gif
the atmosphere (can websites actually have atmosphere? i am sure you all know what i mean)

User49

I have yet to meet a group of people as obsessed with mac as I am! It definitely makes me feel more normal lol And it's nice to be inspired by eotd/fotd everyday :0) xx

melliquor

I love Specktra because...

The mods are brilliant... very easy going and lovely. You can tell that they really care about the members. The do a great job in the threads to make sure nobody is ganged up on or picked on. I think if it wasn't for them... this place would be a complete different forum and wouldn't be as good as it is.

I love the FOTDs... my makeup has improved so much from looking at everybody's FOTDs.

I love the collection and swatches thread. It really helps me to plan on what I am going to buy.

I am a very shy person but everybody here is so friendly and welcoming. I just loving coming on here and I feel like I am part of the community.

Thanks Janice and the mods for all of your hard work for making Specktra one of the best sites for makeup and just about everything else.

xxManBeaterxx

I was a mac lover for 6 years, and i only knew one thing, how to apply one eyelid color and one highlight color. After joining specktra in janurary of 08 and looking through the tutorials and fotd's i've learned so much about makeup application, blending, and *gasp* using 3 or more eyeshadows on my eyes! I've never gotten so many compliments on my makeup before.

You cant get any better than the color collection and swatch forum. I love knowing what collections are coming out months in advanced and hearing all of the ladies responses and MUST have products and which colors or texture to stay clear of.

The chatter section is a pretty fun place to spend free time and listen/help others with their problems as well.

glam8babe

- well first of all it's addicting! i can stay on here for hours everyday and never get bored
smiles.gif

- everyones so nice, and if there is any rude people they aint round for long

- i love looking at the fotds, traincase and haul threads

- the swatches are just the best!

- theres so many talented people

- and its just my fave website ever
smiles.gif

wooo!

GlossyAbby

Where I can go to feed my mac cravings
Has the best new mac info
Lots of very knowledgeable and helpful members
Being able to talk to other mac addicts

stargirl01

My reasons why I LOVE Specktra:
1. There is always something new, eg, Specktra secrets, Glam Soup radio.
2. First hand opinions of new products from people I can trust
3. The ability to post swatches of new colours to help others
4. The all-round good guys on this site who make Specktra the best!!

Shadowy Lady

What a great idea! I love Specktra because:

1. There are tones of very talented individuals here and looking at their FOTD's inspires me to become better at my work

2. Sneak previews and up to date MAC releases info
th_DANCE.gif

3. The number of swatches on various skin tones

4. The Deep Thought section. It's been a pleasure to get to know so many intelligent people on here who have combined beauty and brain
smiles.gif

5. The website is very easy to navigate

revinn

1. I love knowing about everything coming out in advance!
2. Uh, swatches?? This makes it SO much easier to buy stuff that is unique and that I really love.

And the absolute TOP reason that I love Specktra?

It's somewhere where people like ME can get together. People who love makeup, a haven where I can get away from my friends saying, "you could have bought a car by now instead of all this MAC, what are you, stupid?" Everyone here shares my passion, and I'm not judged for my love of cosmetics.

MzzRach

I'm addicted to Specktra! And here's why.

Some of the many reasons I love and am addicted to Specktra:

1. Newbies are welcomed with open arms and enthusiasm. I certainly was.

2. Everyone from the most experienced artist to those that are totally new to makeup share ideas and inspire each other. We all have something to learn from each other. Now THAT is beautiful.
bigheart.gif

3. People are genuinely NICE here. What a concept! Not to mention the wonderful diversity.

4. The admins & mods are no-nonsense and run a tight, clean ship. And do an amazing job.
th_worship.gif
th_worship.gif
th_worship.gif

What are your reasons?

florabundance

FOTD's....serve so many purposes. open your mind to different types of make up AND different types of beauty in general.

Knowledge of MAC....i wouldn't know half the things i do if i never signed up.

Members....i've rarely (if ever) come across rude or obnoxious people, so it's a refreshing website to come to!

candycane80

I really LOVE Specktra oh let me count the ways....
  1. Such a great variety of topics and info not just MAC
  2. Super members willing to show their wonderful looks to help the rest of us out
  3. Friendly, supportive moderators and members where you don't have to worry about being treated rudely
  4. MAC launch dates way far in advance and detailed collection info
  5. Fun & candid chats about all stuff
    drinkup.gif

sherox

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMMY
So these are the reasons I love Specktra;

1. Friendly, well-informed posters.
2. Loads of information on upcoming collections, so I can budget accordingly.
3. The place makes me laugh on most days. Sometimes inappropriately (CoC!)
blush-anim-cl.gif

4. Loads of improvements to the site and fun things to read such as Specktra secrets that weren't here when I first registered years ago.
and I'll add more as I think of them.

So come on, let's share the love for this place.

I totally agree with #2! I'm constantly on Specktra before new collections come out so I can figure out what I could possibly get before I even get to MAC! I <3 Specktra
yes.gif

Latest posts