Rec. for Nude-looking staples :)

shedonna

Hi guys!

I`m looking for recommendations for eyeshadows. I`m particularly looking for shadows to achieve an everyday, dewy, warm, natural look. While I`ve heard the rave about several shadows in particular, i`m not sure if they`d work with a darker complexion like mine. A lot of light, nude colors that the masses like look chalky on me..

I have an NC tone, very warm with yellow undertones but I`m a medium-to-deep brown (depending on the time of year). My most worn shades are autumn-like: yellow, red, gold, warm golden green, etc. I`ve never owned MAC foundation, but this is the color my usual sheer foundation. Its Bobbi Brown Warm Almond (6.5):

144551950tp.jpg

And this is me
smiles.gif

Help, please?
Thanks in advance.
th_DANCE.gif

fash10nista

Maybe Samoa Silk, Soft Brown and Espresso might work...Samoa Silk is a warm peach shade, Soft Brown is a peachy brown and Espresso is a golden brown...

shedonna

Thanks everybody. I think I`ve found some good ones as well. You`ve all been a great help in steering me the right way.

shedonna

I was looking at Romp and Bronze thought the same thing ;-) Those shades are right up my alley, but they`re a little too shimmery so I`d have to be careful with how thick I put them on. Thanks a billion.

urbanD0LL

it looks like i'm pretty close to your skin tone , i'd say soft brown , honesty , texture , swiss chocolate , i personally like wearing brown script , it's a really orangy brown color though and i use my Sephora Pro. Platinum crease brush to apply to my crease lightly and it adds a little something . romp is really gorgeous too .

Le-Saboteur

I did m/up on a Fijian Indian girl last night who had a pretty similar skin tone to you and used Amber Lights. It looked freaking amazing, almost like her skin but shimmery. It was beautiful, definitely give it a go! If you put it on sheer it cuts down on the shimmer a lot.

Good luck!
smiles.gif

makeba

i love patina with fig 1 in the crease with arena as a highlight. actually i am wearing it today. you could switch the crease color to brown script and see how you like it.