Rec for prepping oily eye lids

kkischer04

I did a search in the recs and hadn't seen this.

Try using any oil blotting sheet before you apply eye makeup, before primer

I tend to have days where my eye lids want to go into over drive, or even if its late in the day. I had been using them for my face and one day while I was in the bathroom staring at the mirror, I noticed how shiny they were. So I grabbed a clean one and layed it over my lid then took my finger tip doing a gentle wiping motion. There was a bit of oil there, nothing like my forehead thank god, but it was enough for me to say DUH...why didn't I think of that before. It really helps especially if I'm getting ready in the evening time, I don't have to risk getting soap in my eyes (ouch)

arielle123

A light dusting a powder before your fave primer also helps with super oily eyelids. My eyelids are really oily. I can't use paint pots, shadow insurance, UDPP without my eyeshadow creasing within an hour or so. This helps. Paints are great too!

gigiopolis

My eyelids can get pretty oily if I don't do any prepping whatsoever. My daily routine always consists of UDPP even if I'm not wearing eyeshadow. ALWAYS.

What I usually do is wash my face, moisturize and everything (including eye cream). When it's absorbed I take either a tissue or oil blotting sheet to take away any extra oily residue. Then apply UDPP. The skin around my eyelids tends to be darker than the rest of my face, so then I cover my upper eyelid with MSFN in my shade, which makes the area more matte, and also adds a bit of coverage.

I find that using powder before eyeshadow primer makes the primer go on a bit funky, like it'll clump up. I feel like the UDPP before any type of powder product helps with longevity and non-creasing.

Latest posts