rec for shimmery nude MAC e/s

heenx0x0

I need some nude MAC shadows and I hate how their website has those stupid swatches of color instead of a picture of the actual product!
I'm thinking about Rice Paper, Shroom, Nylon and Naked lunch. I think naked lunch might be a little bit pink. I don't want any pinks. More like shimmery nudes. Not glittery though. More like ones from extremely shimmery all the way down to a medium amount of shimmer. I don't want them too plain either.
Please let me know what you think about the ones I picked and if you know of any others that might be like what I'm looking for. If you want to see what I look like to have a better idea of what might look good on me my picture is in my profile, but I don't think you'll have to see me to suggest something since I just want neutrals.

Thanks so much for the help!

Lolita

Naked lunch is a great choice, and I think its actually more yellow based or neutral rather than pink. Jest is pinkier, and another one of my favorites. Nylon is nice, its kind of a yellow based cream, but is REALLY frosty. I dont have ricepaper, so i cant comment on it for you.

If youd like to see actual swatches, there is a swatch request forum where im sure somebody can do some for you!

heenx0x0

Quote:
Originally Posted by missdiorable
honey lust is sparkly. try amber lights too its my favorite brown.

I have them both, you have great taste! lol

heenx0x0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolita
If youd like to see actual swatches, there is a swatch request forum where im sure somebody can do some for you!

Thanks for the suggestion, I think I'll do that!

missdiorable

Quote:
Originally Posted by heenx0x0
I have them both, you have great taste! lol

aw thanks so you do
smiles.gif
i

absolut_blonde

Shroom is the perfect shimmery nude on me. But, it kind of depends on your skintone-- for some, Shroom might be too light. Patina is one to check out also, and Ricepaper's a good choice too.

ledonatella

Shroom blends in with me, but might be okay for you, I'm an NC20. Ricepaper is blah IMO. I love Naked Lunch and Goldbit. Also Wishful is nice. Nylon is like super frosty white on me, doesn't really look nude at all.

joytheobscure

shroom, goldbit and ricepaper would be nice... for a brown thats not too dark I adore patina its my current favorite.

sigwing

Have you thought about a pigment, like Naked or Fairylite? I have backups of Provence because I love it as a creamy, but with tiny bit of sparkly, neutral. It's wonderful. Naked is pretty close, tho. And at least I can still get that one.

sigwing

OK....just got worried about Naked after I posted that, and sure enough....it's GONE from the website. So is Fairylite! I can't believe it. The thing I liked about them is that they weren't totally FROST like others I've gotten, just had a wonderful subtle sparkle to them, but of course I suppose that's what makes them unpopular with the majority of customers. People seem to love frosts & I guess I've been more drawn to other finishes. *sigh*

Now I need to go in search of whether I can even get some backups of Naked. I was looking on Nordstrom this a.m. for any pigments at all & couldn't find them. They must surely be updating their MAC section of the site to add the Lingerie.

User20

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_j_t
My staple base is Ricepaper--I've tried others but always end up back to that one.

Same here, Ricepaper is one eyeshadow I can't live without. Naked Lunch is also nice, but has a slight pink. I've never used shroom, but I know it's really poplular, we were actually jsut talking to an MA about how popular that shade is - so it's definitely a staple for some.