rec me an e/s base, paints are too drying

maxcat

Hm. You can give the shadesticks a go but I find they crease if you're susceptible to that. What about the water based mixing medium?

amoona

shadesticks! i used to craese with ccb but i discovered shadesticks and i've never had a problem.

BlahWah

If it has to be MAC I'd say shadesticks. If not, Urban Decay Potion Primer! I use paints sometimes, and UD PP is light yet creamy, so when it dries it doesn't feel like it's drying.

eowyn797

agreed. everyone loves UDPP! it worked fantasticly for me as far as making my e/s stay put, but i'm allergic to it. i use ArtDeco e/s base, which you can pretty much only find in Europe and...one online site...but it is VERY awesome. makes your e/s waterproof as well and you only have to use a tiny tiny amount.

d_flawless

my favorite way of keeping e/s put? untitled paint + a base...fluidlines don't do anything for me...
or try a CCB lightly over a paint for a more creamy finish

Devon

Urban Decay potion primer works well and it isn't too dry, but I use also a creamy waterproof eyeshadow like the Lancome color dose. (beige patagonie is the most used colour)

kimmy

i suggest shadesticks 100% i use a MAC shadestick everyday! if you want a specific shade, go with Beige-ing, it's the most versatile stuff ever!

user79

I've never found Paints to be drying and I use them everyday. Are you using an eyecream or foundation before putting on makeup? You should aways do that if you have dry skin....your skin will thank you!

lvgz

shadesticks dont work on me, they always crease. i swear by urban decay primer potion! try it, youll love it. buuuttt if youre set on mac, try ccbs or maybe shadesticks will work for you and im weird

emmyengine

13248th vote for UDPP
greengrin.gif
Paint didn't work for me... I creased like crazy. I had to get UDPP shipped in from US because I'm in Asia and we don't have sephora or whatever here, and it was well worth it!!

ebonyannette

Im another UDPP fan!
I still use paints and shadesticks over it from time to time. Are you using too little of the paint? I notice when I use a tiny amount and spread it over the brow it looks way more dry than when I dot it on and spread it out.

I personally dont like CCB's as bases, they crease like crazy on me. Shadesticks are the next best thing IMO