Reccomendations for VERY oily blackhead/acne prone skin?

heeltohaunch

I have had really bad skin for as long as I can remember, and recently I've tried getting them under control with minimal success. I've been on a never ending quest for some foundation that wont break me out and wont clog my pores, as well as a moisturizer, concealer and tinted moistuizer. Any reccomendations? MAC SFF broke me out and did not suit my coloring at all, and I cant seem to find anything that will give me decent coverage and not result in horrible red skin the next day. The problem is I live in the UAE, and brands like Bare Escentuals and Everyday Minerals are not available- so any reccomendations from regular brands (Shiseido, Clinique, etc) or drugstore brands would be really helpful. Thanks in advance!

BlahWah

Have you tried MAC's Prep & Prime spf? I have fairly oily skin and whatever foundation I use slicks right up, even in the winter. P&P spf has been able to save me from that pretty well - I look more "dewy" than "oily". Another product I love using is La Roche Posay's Hydraphase lotion with spf. Sounds strange, but it's an spf lotion which feels matte, even as I apply. I'd get a sample of that if you can. The only caveat for the lotion and primer is you may have to soap your face twice as they have great staying power. There's also Vichy's Normaderm, but I've heard some people have had reactions for that, so sample with caution. I like the nighttime version better than the daytime one, but both work fine on me.

As for foundation, right now I alternate between MAC's Select spf and the mineral skinfinish natural. SFF and SF powder just sat on top of my skin and looked horrible no matter how I tried it out. Select is sheerer than SFF but is buildable, and you can use concealer to cover any obvious spots.

Good luck!
thmbup.gif

AllThatGlitters

You mentioned Shiseido and I really love their products for skincare and foundation. Go in for a skincare consultation at a counter. If you make an appointment with an artist you can get a free Shiatsu facial massage.

sleepyhead

i have insanely oily acne prone skin as well. MAC foundations are really not good for our skin type. i like MUFE foundations much better. if you cannot find it, estee lauder double wear foundation gives full coverage and did not break me out (but you need to use a oil based makeup remover to clean it off, and if you do not wash the remover off really well, it might break you out)

also try clinique total turnaround 15 minute facial. use it once a week, and it's supposed to remove dead skin, but i find it cleans blackheads better than anything i've tried (you might want to leave the mask on for about 20 to 30 minutes, then rub off as much as you can with your hands before washing with water)

Hilly

Clinique has nice skin stuff! Check them out for a consultation. They may give you some samples
winks.gif

heeltohaunch

Thanks for all the advice! I went to a Shiseido and Clinique counter today and looked around, and I think I'm going to go back and pick up a few products to try out tomorrow, and check out MUFE
smiles.gif

asian_eyes

I do not know if you have Vichy or La Roche Posay there, but those brands are AWESOME. They saved my skin, oily, acne-prone, sensitive.

rouquinne

i'd like to suggest using a clay mask on your face a few times a week. these are really good for helping control oil. whenever i feel a zit coming on, i just dot on a dab of my clay mask each night and it usually prevents the zit coming up.