received fake mac from ebay

splattergirl

fake shadow... in description said Glare - velvet and picture was too small to see the stupid numbers instead of shade. my bad, but it was low start bid and there weren't some alternatives so I tried my luck.
what would you do?

splattergirl

here is the seller

eBay Feedback Profile for newtiffstuff

wish I checked out her fb!!! yuck!!!

the thing is, the auction had the name of the shadow in title and it wasn't unboxed in the photo and those damn numbers weren't visible.

if I let her know I am aware of it being fake, paypal wouldn't give me protection for item being not as described, better to pretend I never got it I guess
nope.gif

GoldenFairy

Is there any way you could report this person? Selling fake cosmetics isn't just wrong but it could be dangerous! Who knows what went into that product...

TISH1124

You just have to file a Paypal dispute...Item not as described...return it with tracking and get your refund....However first hint that something may not be legit...it sells as Macs versus MAC...that means Ebay does not allow that account to list items Under the name MAC ...

TISH1124

Also...the only time Paypal does not cover you for item not as Described is if you buy it outside of Ebay...(like from a personal seller on Specktra, MUA etc...)...so since you purchased it on Ebay it would be covered

Makeup Emporium

Quote:
Originally Posted by numpylicious
I got a fake MAC brush from eBay, a pretty good fake actually, but now it says user not registered anymore
ssad.gif

Even if they are no longer registered on EBay you can still file a claim through PayPal. Just make sure to do it ASAP!

splattergirl

it's too expensive to return it with tracking, I am in croatia and she's in UK, I paid a bit more than $10 shipped for it and I'd pay that same amount or more to return it with tracking.

purrtykitty

I filed a claim on a fake pigment I received and I got my money back without returning the fake item. I don't know whether the seller just refunded me or if paypal did, but there was no way I was going to send the item back for it to be relisted.

splattergirl

not sending it either, just thinking whether to open a claim for non being as described or for non receipt because my freind got faulty crappy mp3 players from china and paypal wanted her to return them as a condition to get refund, she didn't want to pay so she never saw her money again..

elle25

If you file for not received and they somehow find out you did receive it, you definitely won't get your money back. Its probably safer to file as item not as described. This is from the paypal website:

You must meet all of these requirements:

-Use PayPal to purchase an eligible item on eBay.
-Pay for the full amount of the item with one payment. Items purchased with multiple payments – like a deposit followed by a final payment – are not eligible.
-Send the payment to the seller through:
The eBay "Pay Now" button, or
the eBay invoice,
-Open a Dispute within 45 days of the date you sent the payment – then follow the online dispute resolution process described below under Dispute Resolution.
-Keep your PayPal account in good standing.

The items also needs to have a 'Buy Safely' banner in the listing.

If you have all those you can file a complaint for item not as described and you should win. If the seller doesn't offer to refund your money you have to escalate the claim. If you win, paypal will give you all the money back up to the cap mentioned in the listing. Paypal won't reimburse you for the postage costs if you return the e/s to the seller. But I don't see why you wouldn't get your money back.

I filed a complaint a couple of years ago for items not as described (they were fake pigments) and the seller refunded my money so paypal didn't have to get involved at all. If they do, I think that they generally want people to return the item.

splattergirl

thanks for your tip!
smiles.gif

it was sent with the cheapest possible rate and each time I ordered something from uk and it got lost, sellers were never able to check its whereabouts because only if it's signed for, they can do something about it, and this wasn't.
there's no point paying 6 or more GBP to get a delivery confirmation when the item cost me about 7.50GBP, I would gain nothing then
th_dunno.gif

it's horrible all her customers gave her positive fb!!! I really doubt she would want to return anything since she represents her fakes with real names of mac shadows.
and I send a question through ebay help what should I do, they said they were really sorry about this and that I file either non as described or non received, while at the latter mentioned there isn't anything for me to lose.
I'll just ask her in a week did my item return to her, it seems it got stuck somewhere. this really happens :/ and I'll report her to ebay somehow. if I throw her item in the rubbish bin, at least noone else will have to repeat my mistake with it!

and of course my account is in good standing, I never had to do anything like this
smiles.gif

Aranetti

We had a similar experience in eBay with seller innerbeautyrevealed.

She claimed that her MAC items came from Macy's. We paid her $525 + $130 shipping. When the parcel arrived, it was chock-full of fake stuff. All our hard-earned savings, gone.

We contacted eBay many items, but eBay did nothing. We contacted Paypal and filed a complaint/dispute. But Paypal granted the seller's request to have the items shipped back first. If the seller is satisfied with the condition of the returned items, we MAY get a refund.

Which means that 1) we have to spend US$280 more to ship it back; 2) what the heck does a fraudulent seller want those items back for? obviously to fence the items again and victimize more people; 3) even if we ship it back, we become accessories to the seller's crime AND most likely never get our money back; after all, this fraudulent seller has quite a notorious record in eBay for never refunding even if items were sent back.

The seller never replied to our emails, except once. That one email was in all caps, and contained paragraph-chunks of insults.

We spent a lot of money making long-distance calls to Paypal, trying to make them see reason, and to stop this fraudulent seller. Now, Paypal is saying that we need to have the said items valuated by other people.

So... we ask for your assistance...

Could you please tell us what you think of these photos?

Package from Inner Beauty Revealed - a set on Flickr
fake MAC pigment - a set on Flickr
MAC pigments - a set on Flickr
fake MAC loose powder - a set on Flickr
Juicy Couture Crittoure - a set on Flickr
Lancome Powder - a set on Flickr

on eBay, she sells these fakes for $19-20 each! Item numbers include:
item: 110422542962
item: 110431238172
item: 120457235741
item: 110431236081
item: 110422542899
item: 110431235992
item: 110422543088
item: 110422543015
item: 120465973221
item: 110431236022

If you enlarge the pics on her store page, you will see that the logos are not consistent or uniform. There are many other discrepancies. But eBay requires that we submit an evaluation, other than by us, to stop this seller.

Your assistance will go a long way in helping us find justice, and helping many other people as well. Your comments can determine whether this seller will continue to victimize buyers further.

Stopping sellers like innerbeautyrevealed can also lead buyers to the right sellers.

So please, do post your findings, or email us at [email protected]

Thank you

Eleentje

Oh my, all these items are worst kinds of fakes you can get on Ebay (except maybe really obvious fake Hello Kitty stuff i've referred to in my posts).
-I totally agree with your own descriptions on Flickr for all the products and what casadalinnis says about pigments & powders. If you do a simple search on youtube for "fake pigments", you will find a lot of videos about this "first generation" fakes with step for step explanations of all the fake bits. I'm guessing these have been produced in Thailand, for some reason, but it could be any other Asian country, really.

By the way, a comparison of a fake and an authentic loose powder would definitely be appreciated. I have a powder here which i believed to be real until recently (got it unboxed, in a cosmetics bundle via Ebay). I don't seem to see any kind of marking of batch number on the black sticker. The rest of the description matches. No problems with screwing the lid on whatsoever!

TheCollector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aranetti
We had a similar experience in eBay with seller innerbeautyrevealed.

She claimed that her MAC items came from Macy's. We paid her $525 + $130 shipping. When the parcel arrived, it was chock-full of fake stuff. All our hard-earned savings, gone.

We contacted eBay many items, but eBay did nothing. We contacted Paypal and filed a complaint/dispute. But Paypal granted the seller's request to have the items shipped back first. If the seller is satisfied with the condition of the returned items, we MAY get a refund.

Which means that 1) we have to spend US$280 more to ship it back; 2) what the heck does a fraudulent seller want those items back for? obviously to fence the items again and victimize more people; 3) even if we ship it back, we become accessories to the seller's crime AND most likely never get our money back; after all, this fraudulent seller has quite a notorious record in eBay for never refunding even if items were sent back.

The seller never replied to our emails, except once. That one email was in all caps, and contained paragraph-chunks of insults.

We spent a lot of money making long-distance calls to Paypal, trying to make them see reason, and to stop this fraudulent seller. Now, Paypal is saying that we need to have the said items valuated by other people.

So... we ask for your assistance...

Could you please tell us what you think of these photos?

Package from Inner Beauty Revealed - a set on Flickr
fake MAC pigment - a set on Flickr
MAC pigments - a set on Flickr
fake MAC loose powder - a set on Flickr
Juicy Couture Crittoure - a set on Flickr
Lancome Powder - a set on Flickr

on eBay, she sells these fakes for $19-20 each! Item numbers include:
item: 110422542962
item: 110431238172
item: 120457235741
item: 110431236081
item: 110422542899
item: 110431235992
item: 110422543088
item: 110422543015
item: 120465973221
item: 110431236022

If you enlarge the pics on her store page, you will see that the logos are not consistent or uniform. There are many other discrepancies. But eBay requires that we submit an evaluation, other than by us, to stop this seller.

Your assistance will go a long way in helping us find justice, and helping many other people as well. Your comments can determine whether this seller will continue to victimize buyers further.

Stopping sellers like innerbeautyrevealed can also lead buyers to the right sellers.

So please, do post your findings, or email us at [email protected]

Thank you

Wow... that is horrible. I am so sorry. What exactly does paypal want you to do? Are we supposed to give an estimate of what all these fakes are worth?? ZERO. But I'm a little confused on what Paypal wants, and what are they going to do for you once they get this info??

I would love to help if I can. I'm glad at least you knew they were all fake. I'm sure many people buy lots like this and do not know they are fake, and so re-sell them once again, as real Mac...
angry.gif

Aranetti

Hi! Thanks for replying. We would never ever use, much less re-sell fakes. This is why we are demanding that Paypal / eBay return our money AND block off fraudulent seller innerbeautyrevealed.

Paypal wants us to produce written statements from various people (other than me and my family) verifying that the items from seller Inner Beauty Revealed are fake. They keep saying that they "do not know the seller's intent". So they need statements from various people that will verify our findings, before they block of this seller or return our money.

We tried to get a statement from the MAC and Lancome and Juicy counters. The MAC and Lancome and Juicy people all said the items from Inner Beaty Revealed / Julie McClellan are ALL fake, all illegal replicas. We were thrown out of the mall when we asked for a written statement. They did not want other shoppers to see fakes anywhere near their store. There is only 1 authorized seller of MAC, Lancome and Juicy here. So we had no choice but to bother other experts, namely Specktra.net.

We did get thru MAC online, and they did state that the lack of proper labels clearly indicates the items are fakes. Also, they made clear that innerbeautyrevealed / Julie McClellan is NOT an authorized re-seller as she falsely claimed. MAC also made clear that there is no such thing as floor displays from department stores being sold off to re-sellers like that. So, Inner Beauty Revealed made several false claims just to fence her illegal goods.

If any of you could please make a written statement as to your findings of the items, we will forward it to eBay and Paypal. Please specify why you think the items are fake, and your sources or experience in dealing with MAC and such, and where Paypal may contact you to verify that you really wrote the statement.

We know that this is a lot to ask, but it will stop at least one seller from further victimizing others.

FYI, the seller demands we give the items back to her, undoubtedly to fence it all over again. We refused. Instead, we have turned over the items to the local police. This way, no one will get
victimized with the items again.

We can forward emails from MAC and the seller should any of you wish to see further proof.

We hope that we can stop sellers like these from victimizing others.

Thank you for your help.