Recent FOTD's to catch up; romantic, Lady of the Lake, Sisters of mercy...Pic heavy!

rocketqueen

Patricia Morrison interpretation:
egypt_1210500981_2078903.jpg

egypt_eyes_1210501016_2078904.jpg

I've used NARS Night Porter all over the lid and out to the temple, with its velvety green/black finish it set the tone for the whole makeup. I've then blended the edges with the red/purple Dramatic from Makeupstore, and the pink/fire red East from the same brand. Highlighter is Fyrinnae Shinkirou - highly recommended for all highlighter freaks out there.

I wanted to create sharp edges, so I painted a high-arched and pointy cupid's bow with Guerlain's lipstick Magie de Grenat, and I filled in the brows with MAC Concrete. Foundation is Everyday Minerals in Golden Fair + MAC MSF Natural in Light. Mascara is Masterpiece MAX from MAX Factor.

Lady of the Lake interpretation:

lakelady_1210271354_2078868.jpg

profil_1210271366_2078869.jpg

The theme for today's makeup is a Lady of the Lake-inspired one. To me, the Lady of the Lake is the fairy in the knight tales of King Arthur, where she unexpectedly shows up to help or to give something, a mysterious and spiritual being. It also reminds me of M. Night Shyamalan's movie "Lady in the Water", which is story about a water nymph in the human world who needs to return to her own world; to be able to complete the mission she has to find certain people who all have their own role in the fairy tale.

My interpretation of the Lady of the Lake is a makeup in turquoise/green/blue with lots of shimmer, I used seven different colors to get a billowing sea effect. The camera couldn't catch it to a 100%, but the shades are heavenly, blending into each other in a superb ocean way. Very fairy tale-y!

I primed the lids with UDPP and put MAC paint pot in Bare Study on top, to get a shimmer effect as a base. I put Electric Blue from MAD Minerals as a bright blue base all over the lid, then I applied the gorgeous light blue/greyish Frostblade from Fyrinnae on the inner corner. I dotted some Peridot Stone lightly over the lid to get some blue/green shimmer here and there. Below the eye, I've shaded the lid with the dark green/blue Teal pigment from MAC. I brushed on the deep, deep blue Japan from Fyrinnae in the crease to enhance the depth - Japan is a gorgeous color! I blended the edges with the happy shimmery Splash from Makeupstore, almost all the way up to the brow. As a highlighter, I used the baby blue Hypnotic from Pure Luxe Cosmetics. To make a bright green eyeliner, I used a mixing liquid from MAD Minerals and Leif pigment from Fyrinnae and then applied with MAC angled brush #266.

Foundation is MAC Select in NC15 & MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Light, lips are Revlon Coral Glow lipgloss and cheeks are MAC Style.

A little bonus: the Swedish sea!

lake_1210272487_2078872.jpg

Romantic look:
dragonskin_1208494335_2078755.jpg

I've used Everyday Minerals foundation with Fyrinnae loose powder on top, MAC Concrete for the brows and MAC Shape powder in Sculpt under the cheek bones. As a blush, I've mixed the cool pink Ballet from Paula Dorf with the warm peachy color Style from MAC. I've also highlighted the cheeks with FACE Stockholm Dignity, a creamy highlighter - makes my skin glow like nothing else!

As for the eyes, I've applied the spring green Dragonskin from Fyrinnae all over the lid and blended it with the highlighter Fyrinnae Shinkirou. I've used Max Factor Masterpiece MAX for the lashes and Clinique Pink Shimmer for the lips.

Shinkirou Lounge:
golden_1208368215_2078754.jpg

Here I've put a base of Everyday Minerals foundation with Fyrinnae loose powder on top, MAC Concrete for the brows and MAC Shape powder in Sculpt under the cheek bones. As a blush, I've mixed the cool pink Ballet from Paula Dorf with the warm peachy color Style from MAC. I've also highlighted the cheeks with FACE Stockholm Dignity, a creamy highlighter.

For the eyes, I applied a base of the bronzey Indianwood paint pot (MAC) all over the lid, and Bare Study PP as a highlighter. For more bronze and gold, I applied Makeupstore eyedust in Lounge all over the lid and shaded it with Makeupstore Golden Mane. The extra highlighter just below the brow is Fyrinnae Shinkirou and the sea-bluegreen shade on the lower lid is Peridot Stone from MAD Minerals. Eyeliner is Urban Decay Smog, mascara is Max Factor Masterpiece MAX and the lips are slightly tinted with Revlon Super Lustrous lipgloss in Coral Glow, a fantastic color.

How I adore orange in clothes and accessories!

Briar

Absolutely incredible, you have amazing talent. I love what I can see of your ink.

melliquor

LOVE all of them. You are so beautiful. The first one is WICKED... but my fave is the romantic look.

spectrolite

You are one gorgeous and talented lady. Your eyes are bluer than blue! Absolutely stunning. I love the Shinkirou Lounge look as well as the first look. I always look forward to seeing what looks you create >_<

Latest posts