Recessionista mini-haul

kathyp

I've been trying to curb my credit card usage and pay for cosmetics with cash instead. It's forcing me to look for deals and "dupes" when I can, but I still managed to hit Macy's this week for a few things:

Select Sheer Pressed Powder in NW15
Little confession: I have no idea what my Mac shade is anymore. The only foundation color I've consistently worn is N3 in Studiofix. I call myself an NW15 because I'm cool-toned and fair, but I can be NW15 in one, NC15 in another, and NW20 in something else. I'd only used blot powder before, so I spent some time trying out colors. NW15 was a near-perfect match, but I still wish Mac would expand the single letter shades to some of their other products.

Pink Swoon Blush
Was planning on getting Fleur Power, but I kept going back to Pink Swoon.

Last week at the supermarket I found a bunch of discontinued L'Oreal. I think some of these shades are only being discontinued at that particular store, though. The blush and eyeshadow I saw at Target full price (so big score!).

L'Oreal True Match Blush Precious Peach $2
According to MUA, it's either a dupe for Benefit's Georgia or Mac's Cantaloupe. I can't vouch for the latter (no pro store here), but it's pretty close to Georgia.

L'Oreal Eyeshadow in Sand Dune $1
Good contour colors. The lighter of the two makes a nice eyeshadow base.

Color Juice in Strawberry Smoothie $1
The last thing I need is another lipgloss, but it was only a buck!

sherby2722

Enjoy your goodies
smiles.gif