Recommend a Purple (and more) please!

ellienellie

Eye shadow, which purple do you think would most suit me (i have fair skin, hazel eyes and dark brown hair)..

There's too many to choose from. I don't want a really vivid purple color, a nice in-between would be great
smiles.gif

Any other recommendations for my skin/eye color as well would be fab, I'm new to MAC, and don't want to spend loads on colors I won't use.

I love grays, silvers, purples and metallics (pale shimmery soft golds etc.)

Thanks in advance
smiles.gif

LoveMac26

Purples: Parfait Amour is a pretty lavendery purple. I also like Creme de Violet. Satellite dreams and Purple Haze are also options. Trax is a deep purple with gold shimmer, but many people find it hard to work with so Im not sure I would recommend it.

Silvers: I love Electra for a soft silver color. Knight Divine is also a pretty color but its more of a shimmery dark gray.

I also really like mulch (dark shimmery brown). I think it would compliment your skin/eyes well.
Cranberry also looks good paired with hazel eyes. And it looks really good with Amber Lights.

enjoybeingagirl

I have a similar skin/eye tone. Im sure you will get a lot of purple recs so I will stick with some basics I love:

My favorites:
Satin Taupe
Gesso (a good highlight for me ... NW 20)
Vanilla Pigment (It is beautiful layered over Gesso for shimmer and dimension)
Sumptuous Olive (shimmery gold/green)
Copperplate (matte grey)

One of my favorite looks is Gesso and Vanilla Pigment layered on the lid and brow bone, Satin Taupe in the crease, and Shadowy Lady in the outer crease for definition.

x.DOLLYMiX.x

My fave purple eyeshadows are fig 1 and also grape pigment.

I agree with enjoybeingagirl you should get gesso and vanilla pigment, I use these almost everyday.

Also electra is a lovely silver which looks great with a lot of colors.

Oh and I also recomened naked lunch, my staple work look is naked lunch on the lid moth brown on the crease(satin taupe if you cant get moth brown) and carbon on the outer v, and vanilla pigment to highlight!

Oh and Iam nw20 blonde hair for reference !

miss_supra

Any purple will suit you, but I love parfit amour.

Best shimmery natural look is shroom + soba in the crease.

panda0410

A lovely pale lilac would be Lovely Lily pigment - not vivid and can be played up or down
smiles.gif

The best neutral on the planet is Satin Taupe - MAC got this one right!!

For silvers I only use pigments, and honestly Soft Washed is the best, BUT I dont know if you can find this one. Otherwise try Silver Fog or Silver Metal pigment.

Latest posts