Recommend me a look!

cindysilver4

If you've seen my latest FOTDs, you can see I'm kind of stuck in a rut... I need some recommendations for day looks (but I'm a grad student so they can be pretty out-there, not totally "work" neutrals) -- any recs would be great. I don't have too many Mac items but I have loads of makeup and can probably duplicate anything in particular...

What do you think I should try ? I'm pale with freckles, pink-toned with small light green eyes, and blond hair.

For reference this is my latest neutral look, which I am bored of lately
smiles.gif

2006_10_03002crop.jpg

Please help me out!! :confused:

kimmy

i think a Marilyn Monroe kind of look with winged eyeliner and bright red lips would look amazing on you
smiles.gif

ebonyannette

I would say colo, Blues and purples would really bring out your eyes!
dont be afraid to experiment go to the counter and tell the MA you want something out the box from what you normally do, they can make some good recs too

Hawkeye

You could do so many looks and look fabulous it is not even funny. I'm very envious of you at this moment!

I love the fact that you line your inner lashline it is so beautiful on you.

OK just some random looks off the top of my head-I know you said you dont have much mac but I'll give you colors to work with in that arena and UD so you can figure out maybe how to copy them?

First look: Smokey eyes.
You can Easily pull of smokey eyes.

I would go with gold/green/brown smokey eyes.

Maybe something like UD Baked+Chains+Mildew
Basically, bronze from lashline to crease green brown in the crease and a dark mossey green in the outer V
You would use black or a deep brown eyeliner for this look or a green black eyeliner

A nice bronzy peach blush

and a gold orange red lip (MAC MELTDOWN)

Purples would also look fabulous on you. I don't think Red ones would though.

I would use Asphexia from lashline to browbone bones (It's a blue purple thats irridescent) and maybe a darker blue based purple in the crease

If you did this I'd go for a more pink lip and blush

Pinks would be nice on you-
A bright coral like Sushi Flower in the outer V of the eye and swish on the eyelid

again a pink lip and blush

If you wanted something more fun and sunny
Yellow from lashline to crease and an orange in the crease and in the inner and outer "V" of the eye

stay with a more coral color in this family with the blush and lips

Deep Blues would look nice on you - just think UD Godddess etc
If you did a deep blue smokey eye make sure to use a nude lip and black eyeliner

You could also do a light bright spunky green (MAC Sprout, UD ACID RAIN)
Line from lashine to crease use a darker green (UD MILDEW) use peachy blush and lipgloss

Really, the only color I would really stay away from would be plum colors. I really think you might not look as hot as you truely are with plums or any color that is red based. I know I suggested a pink but its not nearly as harsh as pink is. The red based plums, I almost want to say shy away from (others may disagree with me here you may disagree with me thats fine that is what makes the world go round! hehe) because I feel it would make your eyes look red in a "i've been crying my eyes out" or "I've been out drinking all night" look not a "let my green eyes pop" look.

I dont know how "fun" you want to get. If you want to get really fun we can throw in like 5 different eyeshadows in one look
greengrin.gif
But I don't know if you want to do that or not.

If you want to stay in more of a neutral mode you can wear taupes. I LOVE TAUPE. Im in a taupe mode here lately
smiles.gif

OR you can do a blah looking eye (Hold on I know your wondering what im smokeing you just told me you want more fun)-

like a bare flesh toned lashline to crease look and a white highlighter on the browbone

then just pick some random fun eyeliner color and line your lashline (not the inside but the outside) and do it that way.

Or you can pull off red lips or even a bright fuschia lip.

What kind of products do you use? That would help me out a lot since I'm sort of struggling on what I can suggest to you.

I mean these are just looks that I can suggest without having colors (that you have) in front of me.

If you could tell me what all you have or what products you have the most of etc I can go online look around and really be able to give you what some of my ideas are that are more fun but give you recs that you may have some clue as to what I'm suggesting?

Just a thought.

Anyway. Hope that helps some.

cindysilver4

OMG, thank you all SOOO much! Especially the amazing help from youbeabitch
winks.gif
WHAT DETAIL!!! I am really excited to try some of the things you listed. I will credit you in many of my future fotds!!

I usually use Milani and Lancome eyeshadows, graphic brown fluidliner and milani twist-up pencil eyeliner, MaxFactor lash perfection mascara in black or brown, and some drugstore lip liners with my lancome lipsticks and rimmel glosses, juicy tubes, etc. I love the sheer look and feel of a lip-balm-like lipcolor like L'Oreal's Colour Juice Stick. I alternate between mineral foundation by Pure Luxe and Revlon's age-defying with botafirm foundation... on "more-coverage" days. I LOVE milani blushes, and I have Shimpagne MSF that I use all the time for highlighting and I love it
winks.gif

Hope this helps give a better feel for what I use!!