Recommend me a 'summer holiday' foundation, please!

ilexica

I live in Britain so the sun is a total rarity, and I'm usually able to use NW15 matte foundations all year round. (At the moment I have studio fix powder and some EL doublewear, but I've tried tech, SFF, full coverage and moistureblend in the past). However when I go on my summer holidays I get totally screwed because my regular foundation is too heavy and too pale. I don't tan a lot but I do definitely go to NW20.

So! Can anyone recommend me some good hot climate makeup?
smiles.gif
I'd really like to try some of the newer foundations since it looks like MAC has come out with so many interesting formulations since I settled on SFP for everyday. Here are the requirements:

1. Light, fresh coverage and colour adaptable as I tan,
2. Won't budge and waterproof,
3. Non oily (so I can wear sunscreen too)

Pressed powder recs would be great too - what are the mineralize powders like?
smiles.gif

Thanks ladies
kisses.gif

nunu

How about tinted moisturisers?? have you ever tried one? I know Laura Mercier do really good ones. And they are perfect for the summer.

ilexica

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunu
How about tinted moisturisers?? have you ever tried one? I know Laura Mercier do really good ones. And they are perfect for the summer.

I was looking at the MAC SPF15 tinted moisturiser as a possible. I'll put the LM one on my 'to try' list too. Thanks
smiles.gif

Susanne

I really like MAC's Mineralize Satinfinish foundation in summer. It gives your skin a healthy glow.

staceb1990

I agree about the tinted moisturizers. They're more forgiving during the summer if you tan a bit, and they give your skin a freshness to it. My absolute favorite is the Studio Moisture Tint SPF 15, because I can build up the coverage a bit by layering if I need to.

MzzRach

I adore the Laura Mercier tinted moisturizers. They are more of a lightweight foundation than a moisturizer as they have pretty nice light coverage.

kimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilexica
I was looking at the MAC SPF15 tinted moisturiser as a possible. I'll put the LM one on my 'to try' list too. Thanks
smiles.gif

mac's tinted moisturizer won't give you hardly any coverage. if you're looking for coverage, the laura mercier one is the way to go. the coverage is buildable with laura mercier's whereas the mac one, you can layer it on a million times and still not get much out of it.

LMD84

i don't think that many foundations are waterproof... although teh revlon colour stay is what stays on me all day long no matter how hot and sweaty i get! however i think it is a little heavy perhaps for summer. i usually use a tinted moisturiser. clarins does a lovely one which gives just the right amount of coverage
smiles.gif

Steel Magnolia

Maybe Face & Body foundation from Mac? Light, dewy, sheer, yet buildable. Please correct me if Im mistaken but I think its water proof too. It almost feels like a tinted moisturizer.

This is gorgeous and light when paired with MSF natural - my fave powder ever!