Recommendation for under-eye concealer

faretra

Hi :)
I invariably have dark circles under my eyes. When I was a student, I used to leave them alone, combined with heavy smokey look (I do think the effect looked good on me). However, now that I am older, wiser and professional, I have started doing more or less preppy, natural, airbrushed, clean looks (I am trying to restrict myself to natural colors, although I do love intense eye make-up).
So I need to hide the dark circles (which persist, even if I have slept for 10 hours). I went twice to the MAC location in my town (in Greece). The first time, they recommended Studio Finish Concealer SPF 35 NC30. However, I find this very hard to apply, as it is not creamy at all. I have stopped using it altogether under my eyes (I don't like using pressure on this sensitive area). Because I am very frugal, I now use it as a base for lipstick (works wonders!).
The second time, I purchased Studio Sculpt Concealer NC30. I like this better, but it is still not as creamy as I would have liked.

Basically, I would really appreciate a recommendation on something that is good quality (after all, the under-eye area is so fragile), creamier than these two concealers, and efficient with dark circles!

Thank you so much :)

Dreamingeagle24

I recommend Bobbi Brown Corrector and Concealer. I ti sthe best thing I have ever used to hide my under eye darkness. I use everything else, MAC, but for under my eyes nothing seems to compare to this, for me.

cazgh

I recommend the armani colour correctors in pink and yellow! You can mix the 2 together to get the exact shade, use the yellow to neutralise the dark and then the pink to lift. You need a tiny amount of product and the results are staggering!

iluvmac

I highly recommend Mac's Select Moisturecover. It's the only one that works for me. Very thin texture, creamy but effective. I suggest to choose an NW shade, though.

DirtyHarriet

YSL touche eclat to brighten the area under your eyes

and/or

Bobbi Brown creamy concealer

both are the only eye products that worked for me.

MissAlphaKitty

As I am getting older, I find myself being sensitive to the fragile nature of the under eye area. Within the MAC brand, I had best results with select moisture cover. In attempts to find a textureless solution, I have moved to thin applications of MUFE full cover concealer over a salmon base of MUFE HD concealer in #350 ( to cancel out blue). Super moisturizing underneath with MAC Prep&Prime SPF 50 as a base underneath to make the colour from disappearing through the day.

dietcokeg

benefit erase paste is great, however it doesnt last long at all which i hate.

Ive heared nothing but good things about YSL touche eclat, it is pricey but iam sure it will be worth it if ur willing to invest in a great concealer.

Bobbi Brown concealer is also supposed to have great coverage and is long lasting.

mariserinb

Quote:
Originally Posted by dietcokeg
benefit erase paste is great, however it doesnt last long at all which i hate.

Ive heared nothing but good things about YSL touche eclat, it is pricey but iam sure it will be worth it if ur willing to invest in a great concealer.

Bobbi Brown concealer is also supposed to have great coverage and is long lasting.

i use benefit erase paste, too. i apply it with a concealer brush then tap my finger over it to smooth it out, then put pressed powder over it. it's the only thing that has covered my super-dark circles. and for me it lasts all day. only downside is that if you apply it too thickly it can crease. but it's super pigmented and you only need a little.

InspiredBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by dietcokeg

It lasts ages and ages, so the price isn't so bad over time.

MELPI

when a product isn't creamy, you should mix it in with your moisturizer first. i am frugal, too. i have to make some use for everything!

lekzie

Tarte - Dark Circle Defense Natural Under Eye Corrector

Eve Pearl - Magic Salmon Concealer

They are both similar to the Studio Sculpt Concealer, but much creamier and work exceptionally well. There is a smaller version with just one or two shades of the Eve Pearl on her site that is less expensive as well. If you have a Sephora around you, check out Tarte... if you wind up buying it and not liking it, you can always return it
smiles.gif

For reference - I have the Studio Sculpt Concealer in NW30 and the color is almost a match for the darker shade of Tarte (Med/Deep) and the middle shade in the Eve Pearl Trio. Hope that helps!