Recommendation on Pigments

xyu

Hi

I am starting a collection of MAC pigments. Got in touch with a local seller who are selling out samples at 1/4 and 1/2 tsp sizes.

I am getting confused right now because I don't know whether I should get all the shades she has to offer or just pick a few ones. I am kinda afraid that I don;t know how to mix & match the colours together as I am still a newbie to makeup. I don't want to end up with a colour that I can't use together with the other pigments or e/s.

The shades she has:

1) Golder’s Green
2) Azreal Blue
3) Blue Brown
4) Blue Storm
5) Accent Red
6) Pink Mauve
7) Violet
8) Subtle
9) Entremauve
10)Fairylite

I myself have the summerwear quad (lustreleaf, nylon, julep, lightweight black) and bobbi brown's sexy glamour palette (carbon, pewter shimmer, glacier shimmer).

Can I get some recommendations on the pigments I should have so I can at least mix and match with my other normal eye shadows/pigments? Or should I just splurge and just buy ALL of them? Any particular shades that I should have at 1/2 tsp sizes?

I am Asian btw. Single eye-lidded. brown eyes. black hair. Skin tone - Bobbi Brown's Sand 02.

Thanks in Advance!

cloverette

ok, let's see...

blue brown is beautiful & i would recommend it. however, LOTS of people complain about it giving a bruised look. i think, with some practice, anyone could use it.

pinked mauve is very nice. you can become quite creative with that color. though, i can only wear it when i'm *feeling it* that day.

violet is pretty; love using it with pinky neutrals. but it depends on whether you'd go for purplish colors...

don't have fairylite, but you can never go wrong with a highlighter!

subtle is a must-have! it's very versatile!!! so, i think- if any- you should definitely get that one!

ginger9

Not that I'm an expert or anything but I am Asian also (c35), and I own Pinked Mauve
eyelove.gif
and Subtle. If you are not afraid of colour you should get Golder's Green. Asians can wear all greens IMO. I think the blues and purples would look great on you as well.

As for Blue brown I know it's gotten rave reviews but I've swatched this colour on my hand and I didn't feel like this colour can do anything for me. However, my skin is very yellow based which is why I don't think it's right for me.

As for mixing and matching, I really don't think there are any rules these days!
cheerleader.gif
Just remember to blend
smiles.gif

xyu

hmm

can pinked mauve be used together with entremauve because i see pinked mauve is more like to the reddish side..

read some reviews that it will give a bruised eye look on pale/very fair complexions

i think i look quite pale at times..

ginger9

Quote:
Originally Posted by xyu
hmm

can pinked mauve be used together with entremauve because i see pinked mauve is more like to the reddish side....

Sure, why not?
smiles.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by xyu
read some reviews that it will give a bruised eye look on pale/very fair complexions

i think i look quite pale at times..

Perhaps you can do a search in the FOTD section for Pinked Mauve, hopefully you'll find someone with similar complexion as yourself and then decide.

kimmy

Fairylite for sure, i don't have it but as mentioned above, you can't go wrong with a highlighter
smiles.gif

i'm really pale, i wear MAC NW15, which is the lightest colour they offer and i can use Blue Brown without having it look like i've been bruised. you just have to blend it really well and not use alot of it
winks.gif

liquidsirenhoney

fairylite and subtle are nice for a more natural look but i personally love blue brown and accent red. i have almost everyone of the pigments llisted and most of them are pretty versatile i love accent red for blush, lips and eyes, it just depends on the look you like. just start playing around with whatever you get.

claresauntie

Hi, sweetie,

I would say get Golder’s Green, Accent Red, Subtle, and Fairylite for sure, given your skin colors.

Fairylite is really pale, but on your skin it will give a great shimmer. you can use this as a hiliter on your brow bone and try it elsewhere! It would be nice at the tops of cheekbones, too. (I smooth it on my collarbone and shoulders when dressed up, too!) It also looks nice mixed with foundation or tinted moisturizer to give a kick of shimmery glow. A dab in lipgloss adds shine, too. Very versatile!

Get Accent Red because you can try it lightly as cheek color and mixed with gloss for your lips (and you can play with the amount to give different effects). Also very versatile.

Golder's Green sounds like it would lovely with your coloring. Subtle is a must, too and would look good with Fairylite and Golder's.

If you like to play with color, or are interested in trying, get the Violet, too! I love this color and it would look good with Golder's, Subtle and Fairylite. Violet is actually one of my faves, but if you aren't into color (prefer neutrals), then this isn't the color for you.

Blue Storm is also a great color, but pretty intense and dark, so again, this depends on your tastes. I love it.
winks.gif
Again, this would work with all of the colors you've selected here.

Pinked Mauve is pretty, too, and flexible like the Accent Red but is easier to work in on the eyes. This may or may not work great for you- I don't know if you are warm or cool- this is a cooler yoned color.

Hope this helps!

*j

xyu

Thank you all so much for the help. At least I now know what to get this weekend.

But I was wondering, how do you feel about these other pigments?

Coco Beach
Coco
Dark Soul
Pink Opal
Deckchair
Vanilla
Blue Green
Tan

Thanks
smiles.gif

Latest posts