Recommendations for not so perfect skin.

zwanpumkin

(NC 30) Not full of really bad (acne) scars. But some visible ones, which aren't "severe". Also, I guess open-like pores on my cheeks which is a bummer because I'd love to flaunt blush. But my skin isn't always horrible. There are times I break out a lot, and there are times I have nothing on my skin but the visible pores. Any suggestions what I may use to cover up? I'll cover up any blemish with concealer and skin finish and that works lovely, but anything for the cheeks?? What would prep + prime do for me? I use the Studio Fix Moisturizer and then apply Studio Fix Foundation. Help?!?! :-(

(Ps. If it helps, I have no other problems with my skin. Not oily, not dry. .. Just insecure about the lack of immaculate MAC faces y'all are blessed with! that I'm not
ssad.gif
)

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Kiss and Makeup

I don't have acne scars on my cheeks, but I do have red, uneven skin. I put concealer on my cheeks, too. It helps even out my skin and all that fun stuff.

If you're not only into MAC, I hear MUFE has a really good full coverage foundation that's good for getting flawless skin. Unfortunately, they don't make a shade light enough for me, so I can't speak to it. But it's just something to check into
smiles.gif

cetati

I've found the key is to use a light layer of foundation and then use concealer sparingly (or more foundation) in spots that need it, and that way you don't get a whole mask. I use the concealer on my cheeks too since I have a lot of acne scars.

I use and love MUFE HD for the foundation part, and for a really full coverage concealer I use the Urban Decay Pencil. It doesn't come in a lot of colors though.

ladyJ

I use a foundation like MUFE HD or prescriptives flawless and then set it with mineral powder foundation from everyday minerals. I also use everyday minerals blush. They have a wide variety of blush colors. I too have a tooooOonNNNnnn of acne scars...let me emphasize TON. this doesn't make my skin flawless but it covers very well. On days I don't want to wear liquid foundation, I just use everyday minerals mint concealer and foundation in intesive formula. This is what I wear almost everyday. I get some breakouts here and there sometimes still but I have a lot of red marks and scars. I hope this helped.

Simply Elegant

For your pores, something with silicone will help make them look a lot smaller. A lot of primers have it in them. Any ingredient ending with "cone" will help really.

I use CoverFX cream foundation for my under eyes and I haven't found anything with more coverage. It's meant for acne prone skin and it's amazing. It's pretty pricey but you get a lot of it and it'll last a long time. Totally worth it if you're really insecure.

anshu7

i have the same problem as u do and heres wat i do. I use monistat anti chafing gel as a primer all over my face. then apply mufe full cover concealer over acne scars to cover them. then i apply mufe f&b fdtn.and set with nyc pressed powder. the concealer gets rid of my acne scars (for the time being) and monistat fills in my pores and makes my skin looks smooth.