Recommended brand of BB cream?

shellygrrl

Staff member
Virtually any Asian brand. Most of the western ones are nothing more than overglorified tinted moisturizers. http://www.musingsofamuse.com/category/make-up-reviews/bb-cream-reviews

losethehalo

The Asian brand ones are the best but if you can't find them there are a few decent ones out there. The Smashbox one is supposed to be really good but I've never tried it. If you need a drugstore one, the BB cream from Rimmel is great, although there are only 3 shades. It has pretty good coverage for a bb cream. Tarte makes amazing bb creams - they lasts 10-12 hours too. The IT cosmetics your skin but better CC cream is great too. You can find that at Ulta. Garnier also has a good bb cream that's around $11. There's a lot of hype around that one.

busybee

I think the Cover FX "CC" cream is good as well. I believe the brand was started by or is backed by dermatologists and the product has skin care effects.

ladyjamire

Agree with the others saying choose an asian brand, specifically the missha bb creams they are amazing xx

ylira

Skin79 has a bunch of fantastic bb creams to choose from, plus they're also available online if you can't find them in store. I personally like the Oriental Gold one that include a cheek/lip color in the cap of the bb cream (yay for multitaskers!). It does have SPF so you'll get that white cast in flash photography, FYI. The original Garnier one is great for combo/dry skin and gives a dewy finish perfect for summer; decent medium-ish coverage w/ no SPF.

infinitize

Hanskin bb creams are the best. They blend into the skin better and make the skin look brighter vs. some of them staying as grey.
I personally didn't like Skin 79 and Dr. Jart because they felt heavy, but they are definitely popular, and have a lot of coverage.

I've recently been looking around and found Klair's illuminating bb cream and is quite nice. its not grey.
Hera's CC cream is very much alike the BB creams, just tiny bit lighter weight and more moisturizing

SassyPeach

I love the Dr. Jart Black Label Detox BB Cream. I don't find it heavy and it gives me just the right amount of light coverage needed.

emmasoapbox

My fave is Garnier Skin Perfecter Balm!! (mod note: Please do not link to your own blog in posts. Once you have ten posts, you can add a link to your forum signature. -shellygrrl)

Latest posts