Recreating a painting

pixichik77

Apologies. I am not sure if this is the appropriate forum, and furthermore I have yet to be able to upload photos, so I can merely post a link.

http://s41.photobucket.com/albums/e2...-winter046.jpg

In any case, for a rendering class we had to recreate a painting first on canvas, and then in 3D with a real person (think the Keri lotion commercial, or "Pageant of the Masters" in So Cal). I chose a Guaguin, and above is the link to my 3D. Enjoy!

I may have further news on this as well, but I will update on that later (sorry)...

martygreene

Great job, thanks for sharing! What did you use for the hair/clothing to get the texture so perfect?

pixichik77

Thanks! The hair is model magic, and the clothing is a pillow case split down the side, cut down the center and folded back for the V neck. Then I painted them with acrylic paint.

aeni

Man I wish we did cool stuff like this in rendering. You can only draw sets and costumes so much.

MisStarrlight

This is super fun! I always got excited in makeup school when we got to do rendering stuff-put some of that college degree to use (but we never did anything cool like this).

What school/class is this from?

martygreene

I've actually been planning a shoot lately based on some pointilist pieces, and one of toulouse lautrec's works. It's neat to see that other people have this idea too!

pixichik77

I am actually taking two rendering classes this term, one for makeup artists specifically and the other more costumes based. I loved the idea of recreating a painting in 3D, I've always wanted to see the Pageant of the Masters, the photos and video from it is amazing. In our class, one of the girls did a Talouse, another girl did the Mona Lisa, Warhol's Marilyn (all four), a frida Kahlo, a picasso, and a dahli; it's awesome, and so much fun. But a lot of work.

pixichik77

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisStarrlight
This is super fun! I always got excited in makeup school when we got to do rendering stuff-put some of that college degree to use (but we never did anything cool like this).

What school/class is this from?

North Carolina School of the Arts, wig and makeup program

martygreene

are you in the undergrad program or the graduate? I'm actually very interested in what you think of the school/programme/professors/etc. as I'm looking at going back to school for my MFA, and NCSA is where I'm thinking of going, for wig/makeup design of course.

pixichik77

Undergrad. I moved from Southern California to go here, I wanted a bachelors degree. I like it very much, if you have specific questions, pm me anytime. I enjoy the variety and the volume of work we do, i'm currently on a student film, just finished the southeast world premier of the opera Our Town, etc, etc...

aeni

Do you know a girl named Melinda? I can't remember her last name, but I believe it started with a B. She should be a grad student and went to UAZ with me.

pixichik77

I just got the "it's a sure thing" news... my recreation was chosen to be in the Ben Nye catalog. It will either be on the inside front or the back cover. I didn't want to say anything until I knew for sure.
drinkup.gif