Recs for a foundation that's a step above a tinted moisturizer...any brand welcome

euphrosyne_rose

Like so many other people, my skin does weird things at weird times and I don't really consider myself to fall into any specific skin type category. During the summer it seems to be mostly normal with a bit of oiliness here and there. During the cooler months and into winter, it seems to get alot more dry and I've had issues with flakiness in the past yet can still get clogged pores that aren't really pimples, just small bumps under the skin.

Usually I wear just a powder foundation as I don't really care for anything too heavy on my skin and if I can tell it's there, I won't wear it. After starting a new moisturizer a couple of months back, I started noticing more even skin but I still think I could use a bit of something to even things out more. I was hoping someone would have some recommendations on something that's a step above a TM, something that's not heavy, provides moderate coverage, evens out the skin and feels weightless. i'm open to any brand as I'm willing to try a few things. I also have no problems with anything that might be considered "anti-aging" or for "mature" skin b/c sometimes those can be just as great as a regular foundation. Pixiwoo just had a great review on Estee Lauder foundations but I'm hoping for a few other suggestions to go along with theirs.

On a side note, I've tried Nars Sheer Glow and it just doesn't like my skin, even at it's most moisturized. It seems to just "sit" on top of my skin and just doesn't look right. I've tried it several different times in several different shades and that's just a no go for me. I appreciate any feedback you ladies have (Here's where I miss the "Specktra Rocks!" smiley)!!

euphrosyne_rose

Hmmm...don't know that much about them. I'm a frequent visitor of Sephora so something that's easily acessible would be nice.

miss_supra

Have you tried MAC's Face and Body? It gives more coverage than a tinted moisturizer as well it does give a little hydration.

LC

i second the mac face and body foundation...it doesnt have that greasy finish that many tinted moisturizers have, and it has a little more coverage...and its super natural looking

cetati

I prefer MUFE's Face and Body, and Bobbi Brown Skin is also a nice lightweight foundation.

slick

Yep, sounds like MAC Face & Body is what you're looking for. I hear good things about MUFE Face & Body too. MAC's Studio Moisture Tint is also good.....its marketed as a tinted moisturizer but it has a bit more pigment than your normal TM I think. Also, you could sheer out any regular foundation by mixing it with your normal moisturizer to get the exact amount of coverage you're looking for. Hope that helps!
smiles.gif

Lyssah

I swear by Amarini FaceFabric: Second Skin Nude Makeup. Feels light, looks natural, light- Medium Coverage.