Recs for a lightweight tinted moisturizer with good coverage?

Exotica

I have red blotches on my face and am prone to white heads/cystic acne on my forehead and chin. I'm getting married in a few weeks
love.gif
and need some recs for a lightweight tinted moisturizer that I can wear every day to cover my flaws. any recs? TIA!

ForgetRegret

Aww, congrats on the upcoming wedding, sweetie!
smiles.gif
Are you sure you want to be wearing a tinted moisturizer every day if you're prone to breaking out like that? The only reason I ask is because my skin used to be the same way...and I HATED it...and the problem with a tinted moisturizer that covers as well as you'd like it to, is going to be that it'll likely clog your pores and make things worse.
What I would do, especially if I knew I had a big day coming up, is religiously put a salicylic acid acne treatment on my skin every morning, let it dry, and follow with an oil-free moisturizer with SPF in it...then if I had blemishes that needed covering, I'd use a concealer with acne treatment in it (and a color corrector if necessary) just over the areas that needed concealing, and dust a light translucent powder over my whole face. Then at night, I'd slather on a benzoyl peroxide treatment over my whole face (it's much more drying than the SA is, and reacts with the sunlight, so you're better off using it at night), and then use a stronger spot-treatment on individual areas if needed.
Whew...sorry for the novel...but I know a girl wants to look more fab than ever on her wedding day, so I hope this helps you out!

PS the translucent powder thing was just an every day deal for me, because I don't wear makeup at work (I'm military...they frown on makeup. Jerks), but obviously if you wear foundation and all that on a regular basis, just make sure you get something that's oil-free, and non-comedogenic (is that spelled right..? It looks wrong...but you know what I mean!). GL, sweetie, and make sure you post pics after the big day!
smiles.gif

Exotica

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForgetRegret
Aww, congrats on the upcoming wedding, sweetie!
smiles.gif

GL, sweetie, and make sure you post pics after the big day!
smiles.gif

awwww thank you!
th_hug.gif

gildedangel

Congrats on getting married, how exciting!!! I recommend Clinique's Moisture Sheer Tint SPF 15, it is really great stuff!

goddessella

wow.. congratulations!

i use laura mercier's tinted moisturizer from time to time, when i dont feel like putting make up on and yet i need to even out my skin tone. it has spf too which is good..

ForgetRegret

Quasi-off topic...but I'm sure we're all dying to know..when's the wedding??? I wanna know when we can expect pics of you looking fabulous on your big day!!!
smiles.gif

MzzRach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindy!
laura mercier tinted moisturizer. it has spf 20, and is so silky and light.

iagree.gif
It has really good coverage for a tinted moisturizer. Lovely product.

Exotica

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForgetRegret
Quasi-off topic...but I'm sure we're all dying to know..when's the wedding??? I wanna know when we can expect pics of you looking fabulous on your big day!!!
smiles.gif

the wedding is next sunday
greengrin.gif

i'm sooo nervous!

Salynn

Dior Hydraction Deep Hydration Skin Tint SPF 20. It's quite pigmented (more than others tinted mois.). It's not oily at all.

abbey_08

lancome does a really good tinted moisteriser, i bought some for my mum and she loves it. its spf 15 aswell and the tube is quite big

winkietoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by gildedangel
Congrats on getting married, how exciting!!! I recommend Clinique's Moisture Sheer Tint SPF 15, it is really great stuff!

I agree! I love this stuff! I feel it gives me enough coverage to cover up my blotchy spots, but at the same time isnt so heavy and looks natural.

I even turned my sister on to it
yes.gif

By the way, Congrats on getting married!
thmbup.gif

Latest posts